Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sorry. I have had a long discussion with my brothers and cousins about this topic. I am a firm believer that the biggest thing in fishing is finding the fish. If you can find them you should be able to catch them, whether you use live or fake. However my brothers and cousins disagree they believe a true fisherman doesnt use live bait. I just want to know what everyone thinks.

Bass Ninja

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'm with you.

You have to find the fish and then figure out what will bring them in the boat or onto to shore. Depending on what your fishing for that could mean only live bait would or could be effective.

I know some that still think using a fish finder is "cheating" vs effective use of your time on the water. To each his own I guess.

·
Registered
583 Posts
The art of fishing, to me, is using anything to fool a fish into biting your line, and getting it in in the boat! Wheather you use live bait, lures, a slab or rock or a hunk of poop, if the fish eats it, you're performing the art of fishing. Anything that doesn't involve scooping 'em out with a net (yes, fisherman, but my dog could do THAT!).

i PREFER lures and artificials, just helps to keep the junk fish off a bit, but I am no way against live bait, which I probably would have with me all the time if bait shops were open at midnight!

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I am not going to post what I had typed. Your cousins and brothers are nuts.

Who cares? Shut up and fish.

·
Registered
583 Posts
QUOTE(DR.hook @ Aug 28 2009, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Shockwave @ Aug 28 2009, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Fish are no different then us guys; If it looks good, were gunna hit on it!

even more so after a few beers...

Maybe we're on to something here...pretty soon we're gonna get reports on what beverage worked best:

"Trolled dead, dried out crawlers after pouring a few Coors into the Lake. Limited out in 10 minutes. My buddy tried Budweiser, and didn't even get a hit. Wife poured in my stash of Canadian Club. She got her first 17 musky!"

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Bass fishing on LSC, I believe you're wasting your time with live bait. I've had too many times when I've outfished my old man because he was too stubborn to give up on live bait. It's also a pain to have to rebait every time you get a bite or catch a fish. I agree that the hardest part of fishing is finding them. However, just because you found them does not mean you can make them bite.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
QUOTE(barnz @ Aug 28 2009, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(DR.hook @ Aug 28 2009, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Shockwave @ Aug 28 2009, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Fish are no different then us guys; If it looks good, were gunna hit on it!

even more so after a few beers...

Maybe we're on to something here...pretty soon we're gonna get reports on what beverage worked best:

"Trolled dead, dried out crawlers after pouring a few Coors into the Lake. Limited out in 10 minutes. My buddy tried Budweiser, and didn't even get a hit. Wife poured in my stash of Canadian Club. She got her first 17 musky!"

that reminds me of the king of the hill episode where they are bass fishing with rocks of crack thats some funny stuff..

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Well,
A good fisherman is one that can get his/her bag using all types of bait so to limit to one or the other would make you a dummy as we can use more rods than ever now and I will have one with live/dead bait in the water at all times if not two as i use a lure on the 3rd one.
Just one or the other is foolish talk!
BB

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
uhhm, a fishermen goes fishing, regardless of what or how many they catch. no matter what they use. who really wouldn't want to drop TNT in like Mic Dundee? now thats cheating, id agree with that one.

but as for baits, did the fish bite it? thats what im really out there to get. so should i change baits since im catching fish?

ill use whatever the fish will bite.

i cant see how 1 fishermen could tell another, your not a true fishermen, because you have a fish finder, or cuz of lure or bait selection. maybe advise, but even then...you may learn something from those fake fishermen

odd topic, but kinda funny to see the variety of opinions

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
fishing from a boat cheating
using live bait cheating
using braid cheating
fishfinder cheating
baitcaster cheating
using a net cheating

options left get a stick a shoestring and a saftey pin

i will just be a cheater buti will catch more fish than the last option

·
Registered
520 Posts
Even if you use live bait you still need to know how to work it, where to work it, and select the proper live bait for the area and type of fish. I have not been much of a live bait person, but have nothing against it. I feel that if someone is going to say live bait is cheating, I encourage them to call the fleet from Deadliest Catch and tell them that when they bait their pots they are cheating. Live bait or lures, as long as you are fishing thats all that matters.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts