Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
trolling 14 foot of water for Muskie 3.8 mph one pike 30 inch one Muskie on the down rod with a dark body bait fishing with Shagnasty on his boat radio active will add more info as it happens sorry I can't post pics on the site with a phone they have to be in a computer first

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well it's an hour later 8pm and no hits we are infront of beconcove heading towards metro point still in 14 fow the wind stopped for about 20 mins and has now picked back up one hour till dark still time to get that 50 incher says capt Shagnasty stay tuned for an exciting update at 9pm ( I know you are all glued to you seats just waiting) he he he......

·
Registered
838 Posts
QUOTE(Shagnasty @ Jul 27 2009, 11:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I need to get a crew with Cad. license and start pounding the south shore.

Have license will travel lol. South shore's been hot but the weather is not cooperating at all the last week or so. Its almost like were in Kansas with all these winds and scattered showers. I hope to get out with Moose Thursday if the weather cooperates.

·
Registered
838 Posts
QUOTE(Bear2 @ Jul 28 2009, 02:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(wallysteve @ Jul 28 2009, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>its a canadian fishing lic.
Thanks, I have one, an annual conservation license and a paper outdoors card.

I could be mistaken but I don't believe you can even target Musky with a conservation license. Dont beat me up because I could be wrong but I thought they were off limits with that license.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I was under the impression that you can target any species with the conservation license, it only restricted your ability to keep fish. Maybe you cant catch and keep with it, but i will stay tuned for someone with a definate answer!

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
QUOTE(---FISHON--- @ Jul 28 2009, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Bear2 @ Jul 28 2009, 02:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(wallysteve @ Jul 28 2009, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>its a canadian fishing lic.
Thanks, I have one, an annual conservation license and a paper outdoors card.

I could be mistaken but I don't believe you can even target Musky with a conservation license. Dont beat me up because I could be wrong but I thought they were off limits with that license.

Yes, you are mistaken.
You can target them but you can't keep them. We had this discussion on here several months ago.

·
Registered
838 Posts
QUOTE(Zib @ Jul 28 2009, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yes, you are mistaken.
You can target them but you can't keep them. We had this discussion on here several months ago.

Point taken lol. Thats why I included the disclaimer in the post. If I fished primarily musky and smallies, than that would save me alot of money getting the conservation license. Unfortunetely, my passion is still jigging up the eyes, and they taste sooooooo good so I guess give me the 80$ special every year and I dont have to worry about a thing when I "accidentally" drop that 55'' 40lber this year.

Disclaimer: For all you musky lovers out there, the above comment was meant as a joke, I have nothing but respect for all sport and frying pan fish in the lake and would never "accidentally" drop any kind of fish. All fish handled by myself are handled with the utmost care if the plan is to put them back in the drink to swim another day. The above comment does not reflect the views of LSCN.net or its affiliates or sponsors, and in no way shape or form would I ever intentionally harm a fish unless it will fill my tummy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.