Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone I was just wondering what you guys thought of the live pointer? How it will work? Will it work? What color? thanks

·
Registered
10,622 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
They look better in the magazine ads. I've seen one at BPS. I say one because they were all gone. They are literally flying off the shelves.

I've heard from someone that has seen the BPS tank demo that it doesn't seem to have any more action than a solid stick bait.

I've said this many times, "Bass anglers are the easiest demographic to sell stuff too". We will buy ANYTHING if we think it will catch more fish.

Lucky Craft could stick treble hooks in a turd and we'd line up to pay $20 for it.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Well....I bought a couple. I haven't caught a fish on either one and the finish flaked off one of them after 10 casts or so. I know a couple guys who love them, but I'm on the fence right now. I just can't help but think of how many Husky Jerks and Rogues I could have bought for the price of the two LPs I bought...

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Most fishing lures catch fisherman, not fish. LOL

·
Formerly "FRL"
930 Posts
The ABA is sponsored by Lucky Craft and I was fortunate enough to field test this product about 2 years ago. Lucky Craft sent me a 5 pack with 5 different colors. I took them out to Lake Cadillac and Mitchell in a tournament with me.

My co-angler put a couple of 14 inches in the boat using a crank bait so I decided I would give these new baits a try. On my first cast I put a 3.5lb smallie in the boat. I was imediately excited, a few casts later I put a 2.7 lbs largie in the boat, on the very next cast I felt a solid tunk only to find my bait was long gone. (Pike) With two decent keepers in the box I quickly grabbed the next color and continued to cast with similar results. I would catch a couple bass then loose the bait to a pike. By the end of the tourney I was sitting on a 16lb stringer and NO Lucky Craft baits left........I wrote Lucky Craft a letter to tell them just how effective their baits were .....I just wish the pike would lay off..... Unfortunately I was unable to talk Lucky Craft into sending me 5 more replacements.....

I out fished my co-angler and I took first that day + big bass with a 4 pound smallie so the lures would have paid for themselves. Thank God I got them for free.....

·
Registered
151 Posts
When lucky craft first came out I thought $15 was absolutley ridiculous. After finally trying one, I now own about $1,000 worth. I truly didnt need that much and went a little overboard, but if everyone is going to say that they are to expensive and they are not trying them that is by all means ok by me!

·
Registered
927 Posts
there is definatly something about lucky craft. those things are designed to catch fish. if you get a chance, take a good look at them next time your in a store that carries them. grab one of the clear lures and see how the inside is designed. those little balls inside go different places for different reasons.

they are great baits. i have amany different lucky craft styles and they really do have just a bit more action than standard baits ( in my opinion ).

are they worth $15? depends on who you ask. but when you think about it, is a bagof molded soft plastic worth $5.00? there are a ton a soft plastic mfgs out there and they all have different price tags. whos to say what is better? its all angler preferance.

i will say this much. the lucky craft sammy is the best topwater lure i have ever thrown. you cant work that bait wrong.

madman himself

·
Registered
98 Posts
How about this perspective!

Fishing the river or Erie on a fall day! I would venture to say that conservatively the average fisherman might break off 10 jigs on snags and line shredded by Zebra mussels! What does that cost!

Let's say you buy your jig heads! 5 pk is about $2. That's $4 easy!

An eight pack of tubes costs say $3.50 on average! What about if your using Yamamoto or Kanami or other higher cost baits. Costs might be $6 per pack! So now you have spend $7-$12 on plastics.
If you have used many Senko type baits you have noticed they don't hold up very well! In fact if you catch two fish on one your doing good! They cost about $4 for 10 in most cases! How many packs do you go through in a normal tournament day! I know last year on a Wednesday night tournament many times I would go through 2 packs! That's $8 a day!

I think most of us can honestly say that you would use $10 a day in plastics or jigs during an average tournament just with the loss and the constant changing of baits! The difference is we don't add the costs together in our heads!

The facts are Lucky Craft makes a great bait that catchs fish! If you think it catch's more than others then make the investment! If you don't... then stick with what works for you! However, if you get beat don't blame it on the bait! It's the choice you made!!
For myself if a $15 bait will improve my catch and finish I am going to spend the money! God knows I have thousands of dollars wrapped up in a truck, boat, tackle, gear, entry fees and fuel. Reality is I am out to do the best possible so $15 doesn't really mean much when I just spent $60 in fuel alone!

That's my take!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts