Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine is a pretty amazing architect. He designed and built this house a few years ago. But his family has outgrown it. I was in it all through the building process and he really put a lot of one of a kind things in it. I doubt you will find anything like it around the lake...sad to see it go. Thought someone here might be interested in it.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
VERY cool!
Observation in the rear pic. Is that a gutter contraption coming off the roof with the chain down to the water? If it is. Is the purpose of the chain to guide the water down into the lake as opposed to flying out into the water and making a racket during a rainstorm?? Cool idea if thats what its for. At first I thought it to be some type of davit system!

HEY THIS IS MY 2,000TH POST! YAY!

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
That is a copper gutter/Art the house is full of things like that. I believe what you are seeing is water. As far as the city permits go it was not a green space and had a house on it when bought. So my guess is it was grandfathered in and the foundation did not change. A lot of the house could be viewed as functioning Art. I know he made a lot of the pieces like doors/railing and such for the house. Lots of curved and angled walls.

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
sweet, Mike new LSCN headquarters?

·
Registered
2 Posts
All, I am the owner, designer and current resident of the aquashack. The answers to a couple of the questions you have are as follows.

1. No PCB's in canal as of yet. (PCB's in canal on south side of 10 mile.) Luckily the two do not connect.
2. During summer months about 3.5 ft. to 4 ft of water behind the house. Issue is end of the canal which our canal association is working on getting dredged.
3. 20 ft. boat would be the largest size I would keep back there due to canal width. We had a 26 ft boat in the canal one day and was a very tight turn around.
4. Chain from gutter is like assumed to chanel water down into the canal. When it pours rain it just shoots out into the canal, pretty cool to see in action!

P.S. Thanks for all the love!

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
QUOTE(aquashack @ Feb 17 2010, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>All, I am the owner, designer and current resident of the aquashack. The answers to a couple of the questions you have are as follows.

1. No PCB's in canal as of yet. (PCB's in canal on south side of 10 mile.) Luckily the two do not connect.
2. During summer months about 3.5 ft. to 4 ft of water behind the house. Issue is end of the canal which our canal association is working on getting dredged.
3. 20 ft. boat would be the largest size I would keep back there due to canal width. We had a 26 ft boat in the canal one day and was a very tight turn around.
4. Chain from gutter is like assumed to chanel water down into the canal. When it pours rain it just shoots out into the canal, pretty cool to see in action!

P.S. Thanks for all the love!

COOL!

Good luck with a sale. Shouldn't be hard as its got macho curb appeal!

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
Put in the LSCN Classifieds and we will get it in the Compass.

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
QUOTE(Capt'n Mike @ Feb 17 2010, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Capt'n Rob @ Feb 17 2010, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>sweet, Mike new LSCN headquarters?

That would rock! B)

And close to home for me to hang with you guys/gal. I going to take a look at it tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.