Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The site has made the fishing hole forum for open seats posts, hay look at my boat and so on.

So can we use it and just use this for the report and tips topic's.

All of us will benefit from it Thanks BB and others.

·
Registered
526 Posts
For peeps that don't know, before you post a question like, where is the 400 club, or where is the snye, use the search option, there are tons of great tips and locations,it's the archives for LSC

Attachments

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I think open seats should be OK because the person is "reporting" That they are going out, usually giving location and what species they plan to target. This also "tips" off someone else who might be just thinking about going, don't feel or what to go alone, or doesn't have boat and would be interested in going. JMO

·
Banned
2,961 Posts
QUOTE(boomhauer @ Jun 11 2009, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think open seats should be OK because the person is "reporting" That they are going out, usually giving location and what species they plan to target. This also "tips" off someone else who might be just thinking about going, don't feel or what to go alone, or doesn't have boat and would be interested in going. JMO
i agree

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
QUOTE(TimEye @ Jun 11 2009, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(boomhauer @ Jun 11 2009, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think open seats should be OK because the person is "reporting" That they are going out, usually giving location and what species they plan to target. This also "tips" off someone else who might be just thinking about going, don't feel or what to go alone, or doesn't have boat and would be interested in going. JMO
i agree

i 2nd that

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
And I agree as well.

I just replied to the poll about what to include in the Reports and Tips. See my response there.

This didn't take long. Now we're going to have disagreements about what goes where. Wow.

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
Screw it, here's my reply from the other thread-

Here's my take on it.

I leave anything here that is what/where/when/how. If a guy wants to know about what kind of boat is best for walleye fishing, then I can see it being here, as he'll receive "tips" on what kind of boat would better suit his walleye fishing. If a guy wants to know if the mayfly hatch is starting, I can see that staying here because it's directly related to the condition of the lake and fish. If a guy wants to know the best places to stay when he comes to visit, I can see that staying here because it'll help him in his trip here. If a guy wants to know what color of sunglasses work best for low light (amber!) I can see that staying here because it effects and helps his fishing.

If a guy wants to talk about invasive species, fisheries management, a sale at BPS, dead bass, no perch, muskie fertilizer, I see that as belonging in the Fishin Hole.

If we're going to have two forums, we're going to use them, and you'll see threads get moved. Right now, I'm leaving a link to where I put the thread. I don't know if Chris and Kevin are doing that or not. After a while, I'll probably just move it and leave no link depending on who starts it. If a "regular" here starts it in the wrong place, he should know better and I'll move it with no link. If a newb posts it, not knowing any better, or if someone posts in good faith, just in the wrong spot, I'll leave a link.

I don't know if Chef and Mako are getting PM's, but it's funny, I'll get a PM saying a thread should be moved, and I'll agree and move it....then I'll get a PM saying it should be back in the other fourm. You just can't keep everyone happy, but we try. Which is why I was kinda in support of the "one" forum idea, but renaming it to "Fishing" and the it's all under one umbrella. But this system works and is working and hopefully most people are getting benefit from it.

Personally, I think this thread belongs in the Fishin Hole, as it has nothing to do with actual fishing, but I think moving it there would be confusing, as it's about THIS forum, so here we are.

·
Registered
962 Posts
QUOTE(esoxfly @ Jun 11 2009, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Screw it, here's my reply from the other thread-

Here's my take on it.

I leave anything here that is what/where/when/how. If a guy wants to know about what kind of boat is best for walleye fishing, then I can see it being here, as he'll receive "tips" on what kind of boat would better suit his walleye fishing. If a guy wants to know if the mayfly hatch is starting, I can see that staying here because it's directly related to the condition of the lake and fish. If a guy wants to know the best places to stay when he comes to visit, I can see that staying here because it'll help him in his trip here. If a guy wants to know what color of sunglasses work best for low light (amber!) I can see that staying here because it effects and helps his fishing.

If a guy wants to talk about invasive species, fisheries management, a sale at BPS, dead bass, no perch, muskie fertilizer, I see that as belonging in the Fishin Hole.

If we're going to have two forums, we're going to use them, and you'll see threads get moved. Right now, I'm leaving a link to where I put the thread. I don't know if Chris and Kevin are doing that or not. After a while, I'll probably just move it and leave no link depending on who starts it. If a "regular" here starts it in the wrong place, he should know better and I'll move it with no link. If a newb posts it, not knowing any better, or if someone posts in good faith, just in the wrong spot, I'll leave a link.

I don't know if Chef and Mako are getting PM's, but it's funny, I'll get a PM saying a thread should be moved, and I'll agree and move it....then I'll get a PM saying it should be back in the other fourm. You just can't keep everyone happy, but we try. Which is why I was kinda in support of the "one" forum idea, but renaming it to "Fishing" and the it's all under one umbrella. But this system works and is working and hopefully most people are getting benefit from it.

Personally, I think this thread belongs in the Fishin Hole, as it has nothing to do with actual fishing, but I think moving it there would be confusing, as it's about THIS forum, so here we are.

you cant make them all happy all the time but you can make some happy some of the time. thanks for trying and doing what you do

·
Registered
108 Posts
QUOTE(esoxfly @ Jun 11 2009, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Screw it, here's my reply from the other thread-

Here's my take on it.

i agree esoxfly: what i could do without is people sending me a pm from someone i dont know wanting me to take them out fishing. if i am looking for a person i will post for it

·
Registered
342 Posts
you guys should relax on what is posted here. Quit your crying... If you don't like the topic, don't read it! I enjoy the posts on here not related to telling you guys what and where to fish. I post what/where as a courtesy. If someone doesn't know where 400 is, weather bouy, the cage, dumping grounds, etc.. then try helping them instead of complaining about the post. Not everyone knows everything like you do! When was the last time you posted a report?

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
esox,chef and mako are doing a great job, in my opinion. This crap is exactly why rheir job sucks.
some people just don't want to like aything and aren't happy till they cry! grow up folks, you got the post change you asked for, give it a chance to work!

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
QUOTE(rippenstump @ Jun 11 2009, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(esoxfly @ Jun 11 2009, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Screw it, here's my reply from the other thread-

Here's my take on it.

i agree esoxfly: what i could do without is people sending me a pm from someone i dont know wanting me to take them out fishing. if i am looking for a person i will post for it

lol !!!

Yep, I agree, you can't please everyone. Mods, you just need to do what YOU need to do, don't worry about someone second guessing your choice in moving a post. Overall, this is so FRESH, everyone needs to chill because it's not going to run super smooth in two weeks tops. Eventually we will weed through all the issues and directions we need to take to making these two forums run smoothly.

Peace it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts