Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Vendor
12,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This hawk is right outside my office window. Even when I pulled the car in the drive and got out he didn't even fly away. These are incredible birds.

Green Bird Wood Beak Grey

Bird Sky Beak Accipitridae Fence

Bird Sky Accipitridae Fence Beak

Window Building Wood Fence Picket fence

Attachments

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
It looks like it might be a young one. The ones I've seen around here look to be a bit bigger. As far as I can identify the ones here, by coloring they appear to be Coopers Hawks
The snowy owl we've had for the past four years hasn't been around that I've seen, but the one lonely robin, has been a regular at the feeders all winter.
There are still 4 pairs of goldfinches that stayed for the winter as well. As long as there is thistle seed in the feeder they turn up to empty it every other day.
The 2 billion and six sparrows, 2 Blue Jays and 4 Cardinals and the few chickadees eat about 10 cups of food each day, and I'll continue to feed them as long as they show respect and don't decorate the boats and cars.

·
LSCN Sponsor
728 Posts
[quote name='Soo Sassy' date='Feb 8 2010, 02:01 PM' post='976495']
Cool pics Baby! I love Hawks!
[/quot
Someone's getting excited.

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
Cool!

Same thing here last year.

Not surprisingly, I have video, but I'll spare ya!

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
QUOTE(Sheamus @ Feb 8 2010, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Awesome picture, you need to run to the pet store and pickup a dozen baby bunny's and let them loose in your yard.

NOOOOO!!!! I love bunny's! I know they have to eat, but I don't need to watch it.

QUOTE(Secret Agent @ Feb 9 2010, 02:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>There was a car pulled to the side on South River taking pics of a hawk in a tree the other day.
Must be hanging in the area or more than one.
Love to see them fly

Me too, it's so cool to watch. I know there are at least two near us.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Is that a shadow of a "plastic Owl" in the background?

The kind that is suppose to scare the predatory birds away?

·
Vendor
12,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE(Hookedagain @ Feb 9 2010, 08:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Is that a shadow of a "plastic Owl" in the background?

It is! My neighbor has it mounted on his garage. It doesn't really work because if this hawk wasn't sitting there normally there would be 1000 small birds. It's crazy.

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
QUOTE(Convincor @ Feb 9 2010, 09:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Hookedagain @ Feb 9 2010, 08:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Is that a shadow of a "plastic Owl" in the background?

It is! My neighbor has it mounted on his garage. It doesn't really work because if this hawk wasn't sitting there normally there would be 1000 small birds. It's crazy.

It works for his yard. I don't see crap all over his cars and garage
Our neighbor feeds all the damn black birds in Harrison Twp. Her back yard is COVERED with bird poo and I'm almost glad we don't have a deck or furniture in our yard because everything would be covered also. I'm all for nature and seeing birds but give me a break, these hundreds of birds hang out and poop all over everything. She doesn't have a cute little bird feeder, she throws the feed all over her driveway. These birds scared away all the cute little sparrows that used to hang out too.

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
My wife feeds every critter in the neighborhood from possums to squirrels, bunnies and birds.

A couple Saturdays ago she was watching them in the backyard when out of nowhere a hawk swoops down and takes out one of her birds.

Now when she sees it she tries to scare it away. I told her she was just attracting his buffet by feeding all those animals.

Matt

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.