Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our Dealership in Michigan is looking at adding Legend Boats To our line-up. I recently had their rep into the store with a 211 Alpha and took it for a test ride, It is a very impressive boat it handles rough water great and sites nice and flat in the water. The boats fit & fininsh was the best I have ever seen ( everything was done to the greatest of deatail). My question is to the guys from Michigan - What do you think of these boats and will it sell here?? Thanks

·
Registered
873 Posts
The Legend boat line handles VERY NICE. It is a very nice dry ride and runs great in a 2-3 foot chop. I ran my 199 Alpha next to Frank Scalish in his 211 on Erie in a tournament out of the Detroit River and we were in legit 3-4' waves running toward Colchester Reef and to this day it would have been the most awsome video, we were both airborn everyother wave and the boats would disappear into the wash and pop back out. We both pushed them that day and I didn't even break a Minkotta mount.

I am no longer with Legend, however The boat is great, fast and handles awsome. The standard features are second to none but more importantly the people with Legend are great. From Duane the Rep and Pro Staff director I worked with to Deana in shipping and Dean the Owner. Great people. They stand behind their product.

My honest review would be a complete thumbs up. The price compared to other brands can't be beat, and in this economy it could be a win...win.

When the economy turns around you will see them here a plenty.

Good Luck they have a nice line

Nick Neves

·
Registered
38 Posts
I would go with either nitro, ranger, stratos, or triton. Not because of ride or performance alot of tournament anglers want to get better rewards which those four have to offer. This year at the wonderland open 8/10 boats were one of those. Mostly ranger and stratos. If it wasnt for that then basscat would win hands down.

·
Registered
147 Posts
QUOTE(Basskiller46 @ Sep 9 2009, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I would go with either nitro, ranger, stratos, or triton. Not because of ride or performance alot of tournament anglers want to get better rewards which those four have to offer. This year at the wonderland open 8/10 boats were one of those. Mostly ranger and stratos. If it wasnt for that then basscat would win hands down.

Kitty Cat Quest

Don't speak so fast young BassKiller....

·
Registered
500 Posts
I would say Triton. Who is the closest dealer? DNR Sports in Kalamazoo?

Knock on wood but I have never had to take my Triton in for anything....

Believe me I have had that boat in some major weather and waves, made huge runs from erie to lake huron, ship wakes, wind, rollers....No Problem!

I have been fish over in canadian tournaments and most run Triton.

There is alot of guys just in the NBAA series that run Triton.

Todd

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(Jnamo @ Sep 9 2009, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>How about Bass Cat?

Not to rain on your parade but I don't see too many Legends around the lake. While I do see a lot of Cat's and Sherms Marine is a long drive. You would have this area to yourself...

Just a thought.
We have just signed up as the ONLY deal in Michigan for Bass Cat - Looking forward to getting back in our showroom! Legend is just the other part of our progam for offering guys a very well built boat with great customer service.

·
Registered
38 Posts
QUOTE(Jnamo @ Sep 9 2009, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Basskiller46 @ Sep 9 2009, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I would go with either nitro, ranger, stratos, or triton. Not because of ride or performance alot of tournament anglers want to get better rewards which those four have to offer. This year at the wonderland open 8/10 boats were one of those. Mostly ranger and stratos. If it wasnt for that then basscat would win hands down.

Kitty Cat Quest

Don't speak so fast young BassKiller....

Ive known about that but there not as good as the other ones and dont cover as many tournaments as the other ones. Nitro and Stratos have the best rewards

https://www.tournament-rewards.com/payouts.cfm

http://www.stratosboats.com/staticpages/2x.cfm

They dont even compare to basscat i think thats why you dont see very many in bigger tournaments.

·
Registered
294 Posts
QUOTE(Sterk @ Sep 11 2009, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(ToddS @ Sep 10 2009, 10:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sterk, Where are you guys located at?
Camp & Cruise
1613 Hayes st
Marne, Mi 49435
616-677-1274
www.campandcruise.com

It's good to hear that you guys are bringing Bass Cat back. Camp & Cruise was the only Michigan dealer that ever made a real go at it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Good Luck with that! A couple of years ago if you called the factory the inside sales rep would sell you a boat.I was told a sale was a sale.I thought great I get to compete against the factory.I would guess that is why there are no Michigan dealers

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
QUOTE(Torch Laker @ Sep 11 2009, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good Luck with that! A couple of years ago if you called the factory the inside sales rep would sell you a boat.I was told a sale was a sale.I thought great I get to compete against the factory.I would guess that is why there are no Michigan dealers

There is more to the story than that. I wont elaborate, but it isnt as cut and dry as you stated.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
QUOTE(Mini @ Sep 14 2009, 07:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Torch Laker @ Sep 11 2009, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good Luck with that! A couple of years ago if you called the factory the inside sales rep would sell you a boat.I was told a sale was a sale.I thought great I get to compete against the factory.I would guess that is why there are no Michigan dealers

There is more to the story than that. I wont elaborate, but it isnt as cut and dry as you stated.

I heard the same thing....Bass Cat has a standard on Service and Quality that has made them number one on JD powers for a reason.....That is why so many Michigan Bass Anglers are willing to drive to Sherm's to get it..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE(Torch Laker @ Sep 11 2009, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good Luck with that! A couple of years ago if you called the factory the inside sales rep would sell you a boat.I was told a sale was a sale.I thought great I get to compete against the factory.I would guess that is why there are no Michigan dealers

Well that was true a couple of years ago - and at that point we would not of sold them - we have been in long discussions with them about that, and this is no longer the pratice of Bass Cat boats.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts