Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided that hiring a guide that knows the lake would be a quick way to learn more about fishing this great body of water. Now - who? Any suggestions? I would want to fish for smallies and/or muskies with artificials. I prefer chunking and winding rather than trolling. It is proper to try to drain a guide's brain while you have them out?

Thanks for the help.

Paul T

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Well

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Bob Brunner (muskiebobsr), The master of muskie casting.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Look up three posts; Muskybobsr is your guy. This is from someone who has gone out with Bob. Great teacher, will put you on fish and is darn good at "catching". Lastly, you will have a great bowl of chili at the Raft if the water is high enough to get in. Good luck.

Chris

·
Registered
175 Posts
Try Art Ferguson...GREAT guy...will put you on some smallies for sure. Knows the lake very well....

www.artoffishing.com

God bless,
Jose

·
Registered
234 Posts
Paul,

I've had the pleasure of fishing with Bob Brunner and Art Ferguson (not at the same time ;-))). They are both top flight guides whom I'd recommend very highly.

Art is a bass guide who knows the lake very well and can teach you a great deal about how to fish st clair. He is a fine sportsman, too. Case in point: on the way back to the Metro launch Art spotted a mallard drake in the canal apparently in distress. He motored over, saw that the poor duck had become tangled in a mass of discarded monofilament, captured the duck using a towel, freed the animal from the mono, and set him back into the water, none the worse for wear. The man cares.

Bob is an all-fish guide who specializes in musky. He haunts Anchor Bay and knows it unbelievably well. Case in point: launching in my boat out of Selfridge early, he simply said, "Head into the sun." I did so. We crossed the bay and were headed in the general direction of the north channel. He made a couple of very minor heading adjustments along the way. He then said, "Stop." I did so. Bob turned the boat southward and, as if by magic, the most beautiful series of weedbeds appeared before me. There were fish in those beds, Paul, and I don't mean junior leaguers, either.

You can't go wrong with Art or Bob.

Mike

·
Registered
371 Posts
I would have to say contact muskibob for musky. Lots of fun to fish with. Puts you on fish. Right now is a good time to fish with him. He likes to bet and has been paying other people money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
685 Posts
Jon Bondy and Muskie Bob are both winners. I've fished with both and had a great time. Jon is a real professional with a beautiful boat. He's a bass and walleye pro. Bob is a story teller and a master of muskie. Both will put you on the fish in a flash.

·
Registered
153 Posts
If it is your desire to cast for the really big game fish (muskie) I would highly recomend Bob Brunner. He has fished Lake St. Clair all his life & will put you on the fish in a jiffy. A really nice guy & a great story teller. You can't go wrong with Bob.

·
Registered
357 Posts
If you like light tackle fishing or something different like fly fishing give Captain Brian Meszaros a call. I went out with him last month and had a great day of fishing, learning and talking fishing. Brian's boat was in tip top shape and he was very professional and friendly. He taught me a lot and we put a couple 4 pound + smallies in the boat.

It was a great day!!!

Contact him at www.greatlakesflyfishing.com

·
Registered
3 Posts
Give Kevin Long a call, he is a great guide and a very fun person to spend the day with. You will not be disappointed!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts