Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got estimate from one of the truck shops in Mount Clemens and almost got a heart attack. They came with so many problems in my truck

Over $ 3,000 in parts and labor. They have my truck for pm service two months ago
and did not see any of the problems. I believe the shop should take some blame for that , but like always it is no way to prove it. For many years i can't find any trusty mechanics for my trucks if they see commercial truck they smell $$$$$$$$$
. Any Ideas where I can find a good mechanic

ps Since CBJ is my new driver my maintance on trucks will go up
. Help

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Max,
I am a mechanic, however I do not service heavy duty trucks. What kind of work are they saying that you need?

PM me with more info please...........

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(JABBERJAWZ @ Jun 11 2003, 11:29 AM)Max,
I am a mechanic, however I do not service heavy duty trucks. What kind of work are they saying that you need?

PM me with more info please...........
I have a problem with F250 Ford Diesel truck

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Max,
Sunday I'll be seeing a friend of mine that is an excellant mechanic. He does work on the side, he is reasonable and reliable. I'll get his number when I see him then and pm it to you. He has worked on my fords in the past and several other friends that I referred him to. Never any complaints.

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
QUOTE(Madmax @ Jun 11 2003, 11:09 AM)ps Since CBJ is my new driver my maintance on trucks will go up
. Help
First his boat, now your truck?

·
12,052 Posts
I don't know if 3crabs could help you with the work you need done. PM threecrabs and ask her to ask him.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
QUOTE(Capt'n Mike @ Jun 11 2003, 12:20 PM)QUOTE(Madmax @ Jun 11 2003, 11:09 AM) ps Since CBJ is my new driver my maintance on trucks will go up
. Help
First his boat, now your truck?

·
12,052 Posts
Just have CBJ bitch to Ford and say its not his fault. Maybe they will give in like Tracker.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(hammer @ Jun 11 2003, 12:26 PM)Just have CBJ bitch to Ford and say its not his fault. Maybe they will give in like Tracker.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Madmax @ Jun 11 2003, 11:09 AM)
Have you tried Hazzard County?

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Oh wait. I forgot. He only works on orange Dodge Chargers.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jun 11 2003, 11:58 AM)QUOTE(Madmax @ Jun 11 2003, 11:09 AM)
Have you tried Hazzard County?

snow

how about this guy, heard his prices are out of this world, but he can fix anything (even under pressure)

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have two friends who use a great mechanic for commercial trucks and have brough my trucks to him also. He is very good works with you and have not heard any problems with him at all.

Name is Dan at Sterling Auto # is 586-726-0606, located behind Van **** where it splits off at M-59 area. Does about 75% commercial trucks and 25% regular stuff.

Give him a shot. Mechanics are the hardest thing in the world to find and I have been screwed many a times. But worked with him myself for over a year and he is good peps.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts