Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a guy who goes by "Broken Wing" on the VHF. He gave me some pointers at the dock by Selfridge a couple weeks ago and not only did I catch (& released) my first musky, it was a monster.
I didn't catch his name, only his handle. I think he visits this site as he encouraged me to check the reports here. Anyone know this gentleman? I need to say THANKS!

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
QUOTE(Michiganmallard @ Aug 25 2009, 02:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm looking for a guy who goes by "Broken Wing" on the VHF. He gave me some pointers at the dock by Selfridge a couple weeks ago and not only did I catch (& released) my first musky, it was a monster.
I didn't catch his name, only his handle. I think he visits this site as he encouraged me to check the reports here. Anyone know this gentleman? I need to say THANKS!

Click on Members at the top right, put "broken" in the search box and one member shows up as BrokenWing - you can then send him a PM.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.
Here is a picture of the fish. I know it's not good to hold a fish that heavy solely by the jaw... but I needed one good vertical photo for the taxidermist to do the replica. I didn't hold him that way long and we did make sure he was in good shape before releasing him.
52 1/4" long and 25" around. What a fish...
Water Sky Fisherman Outdoor recreation Jigging

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
WTG there buddy. Hey I am glad that those pointers helped you out. Ok so here is one more pointer, support that fish since that method will damage the neck area of these large beasts. Those Tax guys can use many different types of photos for the reps.

Again way to go!!!

Hey Esoxfly my wife like your statement
QUOTE(esoxfly @ Aug 25 2009, 02:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>He's on here often enough and should see this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts