Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know Better Made had them for a while, but not anymore. I've exhausted all options. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've looked into those, but they advertise it as a color change from a particular sugar. My mommy likes them burnt and bitter. ewwwwwww

·
Registered
446 Posts
QUOTE(nitwit @ Oct 19 2009, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I've looked into those, but they advertise it as a color change from a particular sugar.

It was always my understanding that the Better Made ones were due to a higher sugar content as well. What I heard is that they stopped selling them separately ("Rainbow" IIRC), because the potato batches they were getting just didn't have the ones with the higher sugar content anymore.

So, try the ones recommended above - it's worth a shot!

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
Try putting some bettermade chips in the oven on a tray and cook them until they turn brown. They are already deep fried so if your just adding heat it should work.... My friends Mom years ago when we were kids use to keep the bag of chips in the gas over and the pilot light always kept the chips fresh and warm...

·
Registered
9,917 Posts
QUOTE(Brian1234 @ Apr 4 2010, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Found: Better Made Rainbow chips! While they have had little luck getting the appropriate potatoes in recent years, they must have got their hands on some. Picked up a few bags at Village Market (Harper / SCS?) this weekend... yum!!

QUOTE(gasketguy @ Apr 4 2010, 08:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Vince & Joes 18 & garfield always has the rainbow chips!!

Thanks for the heads up!! I like burnt chips too. Going to pick some up this week, now that I know where

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
THIS IS FROM THE BETTERMADE SITE ONLINE...

Rainbow Chips 4 pk.

When potatoes are stored they build up a higher content of sugar. When these potatoes are sliced and fried into chips they tend to turn dark. They are not burnt. They also have a sweeter taste.

These potato chips are called Rainbow Chips.

AND, YOU CAN ORDER THEM ONLINE, OR GO TO THEIR LOCATION ON GRATIOT AND BUY THEM THERE OR ANY OTHER STORE THAT CARRIES THEM.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts