Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
I need your help. Need everyone to be on the look out for a damaged boat either blue or blue and white. For all that didn't see the news Saturday morning or read about it in the paper A very good friend of mine and fellow boaters son and some friends were in the north channel friday about 10:10 pm heading to the Algonac Harbor marina in a 18 foot open bow lights were on. when suddenly a boat with No lights, They think exiting the middle channel into the north channel broadsided them. only one person was seriously hurt and was unconsious for a long time, and went through a lot with the plastic surgery through out the night and most the day on Saturday to repair his head. Another person in the boat was thrown into the water the boat that hit them knew some one was in the water tossed a life jacket no where even near the guy and said here and then took off!!!!! They new someone was in the water at night and knew or thought someone else was severly injured or possibly even worse!!! One of the guys on the boat was calling a friend to tell him about the great time they were having and got his voice mail, when they got hit the phone flew out of his hand and the whole incedent got recorded on this voice mail which you can hear things way, way to graphic to put on this board with a guy severly hurt and one in the water. and you can also hear that the other boat new and took off. If anyone knows anything about the boat that hit them or see's a damaged boat most likely blue or blue and white cruiser type cause they didn't hear them coming PM me or post here or page me at 586 912 5797 or contact the macomb or st.clair county sheriff's department please. Its folks like this that not only give us all a bad name But also endanger the life of or families and friends.

·
LSCN Sponsor
1,910 Posts
Me too, that sucks, I hope everybody recovers. That is the main reason driving at night kind of worries me.

G

·
I hope everyone recovers and the person responsible is caught. Driving at night is dangerous enough when you're paying close attention and going slow.

We spent the night at Metro Saturday and I could hear a boat out on the lake running pretty fast from the sound of the exhaust. Then I heard them open it up even more. very scary and the potential for disaster is huge...

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
It seems as though every year there is a bad situtation that takes place on the lake. It's really too bad that something like that has to happen. I have seen a lot and been part of some pretty bad stuff over my boating years. After seeing 3 of my close friends almost die after hitting a sea wall at 65 MPH... after leaving Brown's in 1997... it really made me realize that things can get out of hand very quickly. I was suppossed to be on that boat but changed my mind at the very last minute.

To think that these people simply left the scene with a person still in the water is just wrong...not to mention slamming in to the boat. I hope your friends are going to be OK.

TTT

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
So sorry to hear such sad news
I hope everyone recovers w/o problems.

I will have my eyes open....be sure and tell non-LSCN boating friends to spread the word. I sure hope they catch these low down, dirty rotten folks (I'm being kind here, ws thinking something else) Man, how could they leave someone in the water after crashing into them.....lucky nobody drowned! How could you live with yourself???

Maybe they will read this and do the right thing.........

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Did they at least call the USCG or just run like a coward.

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Man, that is some major BS. Lets all keep our eyes open. Im all about the love, but Id love to spit some beech nut in that dudes eye.

I hope we can go a long time with out hearing of any other accidents, lets all have a safe summer and look out for our fellow LSCNers.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
That's total crap! I can't believe some people!

I'll be keeping an eye out for sure. Man, what a bummer. Hopefully everyone recovers OK.

Friday night I couldn't sleep, and was laying there on the boat, up near the North Channel, and at 3:00 am I could hear a bunch of boats flying down the Channel!!! All I could think of was, "Man, I hope they know where they're going and what they're doing."

·
Registered
18,824 Posts

will keep an eye out for a damged boat.
maybe call the local fiberglass shops, let them know.
so if they see a suspicious boat , damaged in such a manner with the blue hull.... they may run across it too.

TTT

·
Registered
954 Posts
There was 3 MAJOR events St. Clair county. Friday about 2 pm a fire at Deckers distroys 2 boats. Friday night 10 pm the first of 2 hit and runs. The first being the one discussed above. And on Sunday at 10:50 pm a second hit and rum. This isalso white boat. If anyone knows anything you can call St. Clair county Marine office at 810-794-5655 or my cell at 810-560-0543. either number will result in the info getting to the right people. I ask that if you know anything or think you might know anything call. I want to find the people responsible for both hit and runs. Some of the people on the board may have seen me this weekend (Tmager) sorry if I seemed short I had a few issues on my mind. Again If you even think you might know something call the numbers above. If you don't want to give me your name call the 560 cell number and I will make this happem I promise. Sorry for the ranting but this just pi$$'$ me off I want to get these people in the worst way. Thanks for your help in advance. I hope the power of this board work for all of us. also forgive my spelling

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Captain pegleg to answer your question just ran like coward no calls !!! no help !!!! ttt

·
Registered
954 Posts
No Call no help in either cases. I am on the prowel to find both of the A$$holes. Makes my blood boil just thinking about it.
lookout whomever you are I will find you!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
I think any further info you could give in either case would help in finding them. Make, Model, Length, Style and so forth. White and blue is pretty std on boats and I'm sure it would be the damage that's going to tip someone off. Maybe an idea and what part or how bad the boat might be damaged. Anything to help out. I know most of these noone might know but anything else might help. It's the thing that someone thinks is nothing that might be a gold mine of info to someone else.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts