Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a good store carrying Latin groceries in/near Macomb please - looking for some Chorizo and Goya seasonings, didn't see them at Kroger

I'm near Hall & Groesbeck... thanks!

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
QUOTE(superman @ Sep 3 2009, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Does anyone know of a good store carrying Latin groceries in/near Macomb please - looking for some Chorizo and Goya seasonings, didn't see them at Kroger

Nino Salvaggio's most likely has that. There is also a store on the west side of Gratiot around 22 Mile called the Mercado. It appears to be a Spanish/Mexican market. Check there.

Just found this, call ahead, never been in there, don't know what they have.

J&V Super Mercado
50189 Gratiot
Chesterfield
586-948-5810

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Jazzy @ Sep 3 2009, 12:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(superman @ Sep 3 2009, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Does anyone know of a good store carrying Latin groceries in/near Macomb please - looking for some Chorizo and Goya seasonings, didn't see them at Kroger

Nino Salvaggio's most likely has that. There is also a store on the west side of Gratiot around 22 Mile called the Mercado. It appears to be a Spanish/Mexican market. Check there.

J&V Super Mercado
50189 Gratiot
Chesterfield
586-948-5810

Thanks!

·
Registered
41 Posts
QUOTE(superman @ Sep 3 2009, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Jazzy @ Sep 3 2009, 12:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(superman @ Sep 3 2009, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Does anyone know of a good store carrying Latin groceries in/near Macomb please - looking for some Chorizo and Goya seasonings, didn't see them at Kroger

J&V Super Mercado
50189 Gratiot
Chesterfield
586-948-5810

Thanks!

Meijer has a whole aisle dedicated to this kind of stuff, you might want to check them out!

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Superman, did you go to Mercado? I'm curious as to what they have in there.

I am looking for a Japanese spice called Shichimi. Want to make an appetizer I had in Hawaii, can't find it anywhere.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Shichimi...I have a couple of Asian stores near me, if I can remember I look to see if they have that. It sounds good with the red pepper, citrus peel and sesame seeds. If you can't find it, it sounds like you can possibly make it.

Ok...I answered my own question....LOL! Now where to find the sansho powder and nori flakes!
Back to the Asian store!

Meijers very surprisingly does have a vast collection of ethnical ingredients.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jazzy, I did not make it to the Mercado - I had very little time, and took a 50/50 shot and went to Nino's... not a great decision unfortunately - they did have the chorizo, but it was $5.99 for a package (not fresh from the counter as I had hoped) of two sausages... OUCH! And no seasoning other than the standard Taco mix crap. I had to have it so I bit the bullet but won't do that again. I haven't been to Meijer's yet either but I plan to look for this stuff next time I go just so I know. Thanks for the tips - wish I had info on the Mercado!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.