Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are looking at getting a "new" car in the very near future. We are looking at used, but would consider 2009 close out deal
. There are three cars that I really like, and would like to hear from people who own them or are very familar with them.

Here are the make/models we are looking at:

Cadillac CTS
Lincoln MKS
Chrysler 300

Any input would be helpful.

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
QUOTE(Bugsy Seagull @ Oct 11 2009, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>We are looking at getting a "new" car in the very near future. We are looking at used, but would consider 2009 close out deal
. There are three cars that I really like, and would like to hear from people who own them or are very familar with them.

Cadillac CTS
Lincoln MKS
Chrysler 300

The best advice I can give you is to drive all three of them. By the time you are done driving each one you will know which one is the best fit for you. All three are probably good cars, but one will fit you better than the other two...

·
Registered
347 Posts
Trunk space is important to me. All those have a great ride and interior. I prefer Chevy/GM brand myself. Have always had good luck with them. Used and new. And of course the price is a big issue. You'll know it when you drive it. Good luck!

·
Registered
962 Posts
My girlfriend is in sales at a Cadillac dealership in plymouth. I dont wanna put the name here because I dont want to be accused of advertising lol. but I sent you a pm. If you are interested let me know and ill give you her contact info. she can get new or used and if they dont have what you want they will find it at another dealership and do a dealer trade to get you the car.

·
Registered
303 Posts
QUOTE(Bugsy Seagull @ Oct 11 2009, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>We are looking at getting a "new" car in the very near future. We are looking at used, but would consider 2009 close out deal

Cadillac CTS
Lincoln MKS
Chrysler 300

http://freep.com/article/20091008/COL14/91...s-Lincoln-ahead

I bought a 07 Fusion, pretty happy with it to. There's a review on MKT on the link above.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts

Cadillac CTS
Lincoln MKS
Chrysler 300

Apple, orange, banana for comparison.

YOU need to do some more homework.
Test drives , side by side comparisons, 24 hour demos, Equal equipment on all three?
AND when you go into a dealership please let them know your intentions and that your still doing your research & comparison, and that you maybe months away from buying.

PRE-OWNED market changes everyday ! If pre-owned I would suggest "Certified" or nothing!!!(including car fax)
You may want to use link below for pricing, reviews,and compare all three at once.
G/L and enjoy your new car!
RK
Info here

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
The Mrs. has a 2008 CTS with the direct inject motor. Performance wise, it's like Monopoly - go directly to jail, do not pass go and we'll take your $200 dollars. Huge trunk. Rides and handles like a BMW and has the best interior GM has ever put in a car. Only thing I would do differently is get the AWD model - her's is RWD and while it has traction control, the big performance tires + RWD make it only OK in the snow. Of course, if I would have sprung for the AWD model we probably wouldn't have gotten a flake....

·
Registered
347 Posts
QUOTE(dockrocker @ Oct 11 2009, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The Mrs. has a 2008 CTS with the direct inject motor. Performance wise, it's like Monopoly - go directly to jail, do not pass go and we'll take your $200 dollars. Huge trunk. Rides and handles like a BMW and has the best interior GM has ever put in a car. Only thing I would do differently is get the AWD model - her's is RWD and while it has traction control, the big performance tires + RWD make it only OK in the snow. Of course, if I would have sprung for the AWD model we probably wouldn't have gotten a flake....

LOL (no flakes) that sounds like my luck. But I still buy a SUV because you never know in Michigan.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
I have a CTS as well, it has been rock solid. Agree on the AWD, and the interior. I just haven't gotten tired of driving this car, which is what happens to all of my other cars! 50k miles and not a single problem. I have been very, very pleased with this car.

·
Registered
625 Posts
A friend of mine had leased an 08 AWD CTS & absolutely loved it... other than the fuel economy wasnt as good as what the EPA sticker said, but that may have been due to a heavy foot...well the lease was recently up, & cadillac didnt have any reasonable lease prices on another CTS lease, so they went & leased a lincoln MKS & its been about a month now & they really dont like the MKS at all, compared to the CTS... I drove the MKS the other day... i liked it, but im used to driving a big SUV...

The MKS & the Taurus are basicly the same car with different front & rear clips, dashboard... so maybee look into a Taraus SHO for its performance, not sure about the availability of AWD, but that SHO is nice looking.... but then the cadillac is so nice with such a very nice interior in it...

The Chrysler 300... they seem to be a nice riding, reliable car, but i know it is overdue for a refresh, so if you buy one now, its gonna loook like a 2003 exterior, then very soon, the new refreshed exterior 300 will come out & you'll be mad you didnt wait for it cuz you'll have the old style when the new style is out. Might be some great deals on them though!!! AWD?? Fuel economy?? dunno heard they werent too good on gas...

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(RK4BASSIN @ Oct 11 2009, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Bugsy Seagull @ Oct 11 2009, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>We are looking at getting a "new" car in the very near future. We are looking at used, but would consider 2009 close out deal

Cadillac CTS
Lincoln MKS
Chrysler 300

Apple, orange, banana for comparison.

YOU need to do some more homework.
Test drives , side by side comparisons, 24 hour demos, Equal equipment on all three?
AND when you go into a dealership please let them know your intentions and that your still doing your research & comparison, and that you maybe months away from buying.

PRE-OWNED market changes everyday ! If pre-owned I would suggest "Certified" or nothing!!!(including car fax)
You may want to use link below for pricing, reviews,and compare all three at once.
G/L and enjoy your new car!
RK
Info here

I have taken all three on a test drive and I am very pleased with all of them. The problem is that I drove them all under one condition, and I am curious to hear how they perform for others in various conditions. I am also wondering if there are maintain/mechanic issues with any of the models (2007 - 2008). That sort of thing.

Since my plan is to buy used, I definately go the "certified" and Carfax route.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
The only issue we've had on the CTS was the timing chains were replaced about 32K miles. Apparently there was a supplier issue early in the model run (and we were one of the first CTS's on the block...) which has since been corrected. Might want to check just in case. Other than that, it's been pretty solid.

And I will note that despite the RWD only, the car never got stuck and this is with numerous trips to the west side of the state (my wife's business partner is in Ludington) as well as a blizzard in Ohio. It's not a truck, but the traction control really does help. I think with a set of real winter tires (Bridgestone Blizzaks, for example) it would be much better; Michelin Pilot Sports are not really snow tires

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
Son has a new CTS....very sharp car...he absolutely loves it.

In fact he tells us this is his order of priorities:

1) The baby (his 5 month old son)
2) His car
3) His wife

Of course he is just kidding, but he really loves that car.

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
QUOTE(Soo Sassy @ Oct 12 2009, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm hoping my next car purchase is a CTS, I love the ride and the look of it. Good solid car.

I have proof of that sitting in my garage !
My dad's 1989 Cadillac...omg..that thing is in excellent condition...rides like a cloud...
got us all the way home from Florida...after sitting unused and unattendend for two years (in FL)
Everything works inside and out. Paint is perfect..no chipping, flaking or peeling. Leather interior still going strong. There just a lil problem with the passengers arm rest on the door..apparently the leather there cracked and dad patched it...with pink duct tape !

The car is a deep dark burgundy (like my favorite wine
) and I guess he thought that was close enough !! hehe I almost hate to replace it...but hub says it's a must do ! hehe

Big Scott and Gradytom call it the ultimate pimp mobile coz it's dark and has dark tinted windows and the spoke wheels and such

I drive it with pride and love.
It was my dad's favorite car.

It's still going strong and will be as long as we can keep it that way.

Cadillac makes a QUALITY product.

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
QUOTE(LakeNewbie @ Oct 12 2009, 11:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Son has a new CTS....very sharp car...he absolutely loves it.

In fact he tells us this is his order of priorities:

1) The baby (his 5 month old son)
2) His car
3) His wife

Of course he is just kidding, but he really loves that car.
Good thing he dosen't have a boat. Would hate to see your grandson move to #2.

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
QUOTE(LakeNewbie @ Oct 12 2009, 12:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Soo Sassy @ Oct 12 2009, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm hoping my next car purchase is a CTS, I love the ride and the look of it. Good solid car.

I have proof of that sitting in my garage !
My dad's 1989 Cadillac...omg..that thing is in excellent condition...rides like a cloud...
got us all the way home from Florida...after sitting unused and unattendend for two years (in FL)
Everything works inside and out. Paint is perfect..no chipping, flaking or peeling. Leather interior still going strong. There just a lil problem with the passengers arm rest on the door..apparently the leather there cracked and dad patched it...with pink duct tape !

The car is a deep dark burgundy (like my favorite wine
) and I guess he thought that was close enough !! hehe I almost hate to replace it...but hub says it's a must do ! hehe

Big Scott and Gradytom call it the ultimate pimp mobile coz it's dark and has dark tinted windows and the spoke wheels and such

I drive it with pride and love.
It was my dad's favorite car.

It's still going strong and will be as long as we can keep it that way.

Cadillac makes a QUALITY product.

My Grandparents bought a 1989 Seville brand new and they still own it. The car is in EXCELLENT condition, low miles and I'm hoping its mine some day. I just the love car.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi,

The CTS is a great car, but I would also recommend that you take a look at the 2010 Buick Lacrosse. I've driven both cars for a decent amount of time and the interior and ride of the 2010 Lacrosse won me over.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.