Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
AKA: Veronique
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a strange kind of schizo looking painting that I want to find the name of. It has a black background with objects all over kind of hanging out in space. Most of the objects are porcelain in color, I remember an animal skull in the middle with small people running around on it and through it. It was a bit macabre and gory and disturbing. I'm writing about an essay about the definition of artistic genius and I would like to use this as an example of the subconscious trying to represent itself and using art as a medium.

·
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
close but not what I'm looking for. That artist had the same 'hanging in space' quality to some of his work but the piece I'm looking for is a bit more grotesque

·
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Storm also PMed me with that suggestion. I am still searching through galleries to find the peice I'm looking for...

·
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm still looking through Dali without much luck, I did use the scream as an example for another point I was trying to make though...

·
Registered
485 Posts
Man and I thought I had it bad with writing a term paper on business and consumer behaviors!! YIKES No way would I want to analyze art...GOOD LUCK!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think it is a DALI...or DAHLI...I think my brother has the same picture...I will call him and find out what the name of it is....I'll get back to you!

Giddy G~

·
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(Amelia @ Mar 8 2004, 09:55 AM)Man and I thought I had it bad with writing a term paper on business and consumer behaviors!! YIKES No way would I want to analyze art...GOOD LUCK!!
Why not??? Lol it's actually really interesting. We don't study artists and time periods thats boring. We ask questions such as "What is a work of art?" And "What is the driving force behind it's creation"

I loooove philosophy class!

P.S. Thank you Giddy Girl!!!

·
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nope not yet, I'll post it when I do.

I think it's Salvador Dali because his art look similar to the peice I'm looking for but I haven't been able to find it.

·
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Eeek! I need to turn this paper in tomorrow and I still haven't found it

Thanks for the help though

1 - 14 of 14 Posts