Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommedations on lakes and lures for catch and releas Pike fishing. I'm a novice fisherman and my son really wants o catch one. Thanks.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
I would try Lakeville 11 miles north of Rochester on M 150

·
Registered
739 Posts
Lakeville Lake and throw a spinnerbait, white is good, and there is no way you can't catch pike. Alot of them will be small pike though.

·
Registered
927 Posts
i would also suggest lower pettibone lake in highland twp. it is a fairly small lake with some houses on it. the lake does not get much pressure. i have had many days out there with me being the only boat on the water.

i dont actually target pike when i go out there but always end up catching a few. there are some pigs in there too. i swear i get my line broke by a big pike every time i fish out there.

anyway, if you fish it your going to want to throw a suspending jerkbait. the heavier bait will allow you to get deeper. cast it as far as you can and just sweep it continuously back to the boat. fish along all the drops. fish around the sunken islands, and fish the back side of the lake where the small creek dumps in.

gold with black back and orange belly work best for me with pike.

plus, you will catch some of the fattest and healthiest bass i have seen. this is a good lake. the fish are plentiful and healthy.

it took me a while to figure out some consistant patterns out there, but once i did i started catching some very nice fish.

madman himself

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Use a small steel leader.

h2o<--says them there are toothy critters.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts