Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You come home from a lousy day at work and your driveway is shoveled and it's not a little driveway, it can hold 6 cars easily!

Dawnie Dawn came over and shoveled it all by herself!!! What a great surprise.

A toast to Dawnie Dawn, you made my day!! Thank you soo much..

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Your welcome Moneyshot!! I knew you were having a hard day. I got off work early and plus, needed a good work out...so off I went!

However, did I really shovel that driveway that good?

Did someone else come over afterwards and and give it a once over with a snowblower?

If not...dam...I'm good!!!

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Dawn, you did a great job
- i saw it first hand, but by the time i dropped Beth off there was about another inch or so of snow, so she went out with the blower...

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had the blower out to do the sidewalk, so I touched up the driveway. That thing was really hard to start. I could barely get it through the snow on the sidewalk, it kept almost stalling. Without you shoveling the drive, I would have been lost. I don't know if Manana II would have been able to get her truck up the drive because it would have been soo deep!

Thanks for the ride Manana II

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
When I got home at 9:00, I went out to snowblow the drive. Took about 15-20 minutes. The guy across the street who I have only given the obligitory wave to was hofen and pofen with his shovel, so I took the blower over and let him use it. He offered me a beer
. I said I'll take ya up on that on the weekend.

Looks like I have a new beer drinken buddy.
I guess you can never have to many of those.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I had the same surprise when I got home yesterday.....The plow came thru and plowed my wifes car in.....The neighbor came over and did my porch....walkway....
And driveway....Dug out my wifes car....Parked it in the driveway cleaned up the street in front of the house.....Did the rest of the drive all the way to the garage...
And salted everything.....WOW.....SHE is an awesome nieghbor.....So I took her and her family out for dinner last night.....Had the whole restaurnt to ourselves.....

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
A very sweet "friend" shoveled mine, too...while I stayed inside and talked on the phone. Cooked dinner for me, too. And, and, and....I am SO spoiled

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
WHAT MS! Your snowblower is working...

That's okay, I had a great work out! Glad I could help you out chief!!!

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
QUOTE(MONEYSHOT @ Jan 14 2004, 09:41 PM)You come home from a lousy day at work and your driveway is shoveled and it's not a little driveway, it can hold 6 cars easily!

Dawnie Dawn came over and shoveled it all by herself!!! What a great surprise.

A toast to Dawnie Dawn, you made my day!! Thank you soo much..

that is the kind of friends that you appreciate and hang on to. they are hard to find.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I shoveled 3 times yesterday, trying to keep up with the snow, then I saw my crazy neighbor out with a broom of all things, trying to remove the snow, so when she went in I did their sidewalks and driveway too. Then around 6:30 another neighbor came home and started up his new snowblower and did the whole block(grrr)

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE(DawnieDawn @ Jan 15 2004, 09:52 AM)WHAT MS! Your snowblower is working...

That's okay, I had a great work out! Glad I could help you out chief!!!
Yup! I got it started after like eight trys..I almost pulled my arm out trying to start that thing. Hope it doesn't snow today...Ed gets back tomorrow and he is home for a week, I would bet a bunch of money that it doesn't snow at all while he is here, but when he leaves again in for 2 weeks, it will be like Alaska and I'll have to do it again.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts