Registered
2,898 Posts
Haven't tried this one yet but sounds easy, don't know if it tastes good

1 c. Chunky Peanut Butter (or 8 TBS)
1 c. Bulk Splenda (or 24 packets)
1 lg. egg
Directions:
Mix ingredients.
Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Use a fork to mash cookies into the shape and size you desire.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes or until centers are dry.
Servings: 12
Carbs: <4 per cookie

My favorite still are the crustless mini quiches that are in the South Beach Diet book.
1 pkg. (10oz.) frozen chopped spinach-thawed and drained
3/4 cup liquid egg substitute
3/4 cup shredded low-fat cheese
1/4 diced green pepper
1/4 cup diced onion
3 drops hot-pepper sauce (optional)
I also added diced ham
salt and pepper to taste
Spray the muffin cups, use any size. Mix all ingredients, spoon mixture into muffin cups, 3/4 full, Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Easy for on the go.
You can make any quiche recipe crustless, just watch what you put in it. This is a lowfat recipe but you can add the fat if you want.

Deviled eggs are also a favorite! I will be trying crab cakes too!

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
BLT Roll-UPs

Get a big piece of Red Leaf Lettuce
Smear some low fat hellmans on it (1 carb per serving)
2 slices of bacon
tomato

roll it up and voila - really good

Lemon Chicken

1 pint of heavy whipping cream
Butter
Garlic
Lawry's Garlic Salt w/Parsley
2 Lemons
4 Boneless chicken breasts

Prepare chicken (lowfat is on stove top spray pan w/pam or boil in water)
In seperate skillet add pint of cream, stirring frequently
add garlic and seasonings
add lemon juice
stir frequently and it will reduce down to a nice thick yellow sauce

Drizzle on top of chicken breasts - pretty much about 1 carb per breast

DESSERT

sugar free jello w/low fat cool whip on top
about 3 carbs per serving (that's with a HUGE glop of cool whip too)

Meatballs

ground sirloin
sausage link (manzella's deli has yummy by style sausage w/onion and green pepper in it)
diced onions
egg
worchestershire sauce
Lawry's garlic salt w/parsley
fresh ground pepper

mix 'em up and fry 'em up in a pan. Great to keep in the fridge when an urge comes just pop one or two in the microwave and you're all set!

Steamed Whole Artichoke

peel off and dip the leaves in melted butter
Awesome

Roma Cafe Salad

Mixed Greens
Red Onion diced
Chick Peas
Hard Boiled Egg
Garlic
Olive Oil
Red Wine Garlic Vinegar
Fresh Ground Pepper, Salt, Dash of Lawry's Garlic Salt w/Parsley

(a family favorite here - we eat that 6 days out of 7)

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Just a FYI

Baby Doll found this guy on E-bay that for $1.99 he sent her a downloadable recipe book with low carb recipies. <_<

These all sound good. Starting South Beach diet part II this week

·
LSCN Sponsor
328 Posts
Shandog your recipes sound great!!

Can Jim and I just move in to your house

Started the low carb thing today with 1/2 hr each on the treadmill. Look out summer here I come

·
Registered
456 Posts
Peanut butter really doesn't sound all that low carb. 7g's
per 2tbsp. (then again that's creamy vs. chunky I dont know if that matters) Cbj was also eating hummus which we found out contained carbs. Less than peanutbutter but still enough for him to avoid it. This diet really confuses me! Everything I think is okay is not. And every thing you wouldn't think is allowed is! Thanks for the recipies! I need ideas for him.

·
LSCN Sponsor
328 Posts
I checked out peanut butter today too. Jim and I went low carb grocery shopping tonight and it was very confusing when you read the labels you realize not much is really good for you

We are on seperate diets he is going to eat lean quisine meals for the rest of his life and I am trying No Carbs we will see what works It took me an hour to shop and he was done in 5 minutes (10 lean quisine, a case of water and 2 heads of letttuce)

He will be eating pizza by Friday

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Good for you Sue!! That's awesome! More no carb/extremely low carb ideas:

KIELBASA:

throw a kielbasa cut in 1/2 so it cooks on a grill (even George Foreman works)
while that's grilling sautee up some green pepper & onion in butter or pam
smother that all over the kielbasa and have as much mustard as you want to dip it in

Quick Snacks to Have Cut & Ready in the Fridge:

~ Sliced up colby cheese (you know from the brick)
~ Black Pitted Olives (yup, I still put one on each fingertip and pretend
I'm a monster before I eat them)
~ Harb Boiled Eggs
~ Deviled Eggs
~ Bacon & Sausage (that way if you want a blt rollup it's already
cooked - pop it in the micro and bammo, you're golden)
~ Cool whip (yeah - so run by and dip a fingerful in it once a day, ya gotta live ya know!) actually, a spoonful on a cup of sugar free hot cocoa would be good and cure a craving for chocolate and sweets too
~ big ole' bag of cut up broccoli to dip in lite ranch

Manzella's has really good marzetti dressings - SURPRISINGLY the creamy italian (not even light or fat free either) has only like 2 carbs. Imagine cut up cooked chicken chunks w/shredded cheese topped w/this dressing rolled up in red leaf lettuce or a big fat belgian endive leaf. YUM

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(ECHSUE @ Jan 5 2004, 10:35 PM)He will be eating pizza by Friday

Just be thankful he's trying....mine said he doesn't need to go on a diet!!!! AGH! I'm gonna be solo on this as usual.....hard to cook normal for them and eat special foods myself <_< Maybe I won't cook,

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Natural peanut butter, not all of the processed Jiffy, is supposed to be good for you. I believe it is in phase two of the South Beach Diet. One tablespoon with an apple. I am not doing the complete no carb diet. It is not for me. I will just rebound and add on more weight after a month or so once I incorporate the carbs again. I believe in a healthy diet and exercise. It took me a long time to realize that. I don't believe in eating all high fat meat and cheeses. I believe it is bad for your heart. I eat low carb, yet low fat food. Not all the time though, that would be deprivation. I have omitted all potatoes, pasta, rice, bread......If I decide to eat a carbohydrate I still eat fresh fruit to curb the cravings, not an abundance, or something strictly whole wheat. I did this a few years ago and the weight melted off. Everyone's body needs, and reacts differently to different food.

Sugar free pudding may be a good alternative too, I will have to check the label, but when I do crave chocolate I have the non-fat sugar free hot chocolate. It is good!

Shandog I am going to make that lemon chicken and the meatballs they sound awesome!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Boss @ Jan 6 2004, 07:18 AM)I believe in a healthy diet and exercise. It took me a long time to realize that. I don't believe in eating all high fat meat and cheeses.
What about a whole bowl of popcorn?

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think it is okay to have popcorn every few months. I know if I had deprived myself of that then I would have binged on alot more.

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
Chicken Cordon Bleu

4 boneless, skinless chicken-breast halves
(about 5 ounces)

4 thin slices cooked ham

4 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard

4 thin slices Swiss cheese

4 tablespoons butter

Preheat oven to 350F. Slice each breast horizontally to form a pocket. Brush each ham slice with mustard and fold in half. Fold a cheese slice around each ham slice. Insert in pockets of chicken and secure with toothpicks.
Melt butter in a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in butter until browned, about 4 mins. per side. Place skillet in oven. Bake 15 to 20 minutes.

Per serving: 1g Carb; 294 Cal.; 37g Protein; 15g Fat; 405mg Sodium; 120mg Chol.; 0g Fiber

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
OMG All these recipes are making me hungry!
Shandog ~ that lemon chicken sounds to die for, making it tonight for sure.

Another thought, while cutting carbs, before each meal eat a 1/2 grapefruit or a glass of 100% grapefruit juice, it helps speed your metabolism.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
QUOTE(MONEYSHOT @ Jan 6 2004, 08:35 AM)OMG All these recipes are making me hungry!
Shandog ~ that lemon chicken sounds to die for, making it tonight for sure.

Another thought, while cutting carbs, before each meal eat a 1/2 grapefruit or a glass of 100% grapefruit juice, it helps speed your metabolism.
heee heee.... making it tomorrow night- we already have dinner plans this evening! Let me know how it turns out MS!!!
**were almost there**

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
the chix cordon bleu sounds yummy too - I'm adding that to my dinner diet meal list

one point to remember about the grapefruit or gfjuice is that you MUST wait 1/2 hour after eating that or drinking juice before ANY food goes in your mouth. I strictly remember from Somersizing that fruit and food together is a huge NO NO.

Also - ck made those meatballs too - she just added shredded cheese instead of diced onions - they probably were moister - I skipped adding the cheese because I prefer to snack on cheese chunks throughout the day.

SO - off to a good start today
2 cups of coffee w/sweet & low and real cream and an omelette w/sauteed onions, green peppers, and mushrooms and shredded low fat cheddar cheese and 1 slice of bacon. Feel great and it was so yummy.

BLT rollups and a greek salad for lunch

broccoli and lite ranch for snack
cheese chunks and black olives for another snack

Dinner - italian sausage w/sauteed green peppers and onions
whole, steamed artichoke w/drawn butter
sliced cucumbers
salad (can't eat enough of my Roma Cafe Salad)

MANANA - I think you had that lemon chix at my house before - I know Pauline's had it. I used to bread the breasts first, so it'll still be good, but not as fattening. I also used to add 1/4 cup of white wine when I was reducing my cream sauce, but since alcohol is loaded w/sugar the sauce will be a little diff sans the wine, but it'll still be yummy yummy yummy
Top the chix w/spinach before you add the lemon sauce to make it even better

1 - 17 of 17 Posts