Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure this the place to post this but I think it will come in handy to many of us. Last weekend I had a close encounter with my lower unit. Took a big bite out of the cavation plate and a bad scar. My dealer said they would remove the unit, send it out and repair it and put it on. It would take a week. I called a local welding shop Diversified Welding Services 3541 Marine dr Toledo Ohio 419 382 1433. I took the boat over in the morning and it was done in five hours..Perfect job. Added the paint. BRAND NEW!!! Great guy and really cares about his work.Thanks Paul G

·
Registered
234 Posts
Make sure to check your gear oil several times over the next few weeks to be sure that the weld job didn't create seal or other problems ... just a cautious thought.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reminder..The repair was on the cavation fin above the prop so it should not be a problem. The other problem was the stainless prop.It has a three inch crack.They said if it was not welded correctly it could weaken the blade.Not a pretty sight if it came off. The good news my dealer said that a new lower unit casing was $800.00 plus labor.The whole job was $75.00 plus paint. done in hours.Thats service you dont find .

·
Registered
234 Posts
Now there's some real savings! I'll keep the name and number on file. Thanks for the great post.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts