Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the new Lowrance HDS-8 fishfinder but Im having trouble downloading the software update. Just wondering if anybody that lives close to me has it already on a chip that I could borrow, or have u install it. Im fishing the BFL this weekend and would like to get it before then. Somebody told me I need the update to use my Navionics card, which must be true because it doesnt recongize it. I live at 21 mile and North Avenue in Macomb. Thanks

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
QUOTE(Ultraman @ Jul 14 2009, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I just got the new Lowrance HDS-8 fishfinder but Im having trouble downloading the software update. Just wondering if anybody that lives close to me has it already on a chip that I could borrow, or have u install it. Im fishing the BFL this weekend and would like to get it before then. Somebody told me I need the update to use my Navionics card, which must be true because it doesnt recongize it. I live at 21 mile and North Avenue in Macomb. Thanks

I bought my Lowrance from Franks Outdoors up in Linwood and they have done my last 2 updates. Have you considered bringing it to where you got it from or even calling Gander or Bass Pro to see if they will do them?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bass Pro said they would not do it. I bought it straight from Lowrance, I didnt know about it at the time to ask Lowrance if they would install it before they gave it to me.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found somebody on Michigan Sportsman forum under Gps that posted about how to do it (A guy named L Carr),I did it and it worked. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts