Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Guys, heres the question.

If you had to choose between a new fishfinder/GPS (Lowrance LCX 15MT) or an underwater camera,,,,which would you choose? I already had a GPS (small one) and a older fishfinder.

Dan

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
When you think about it the Aqua View is a fish finder, so your getting the best of both worlds.

Just think you'll be able to see where your fishing, so many answers on what structure is down there.

Hands down Aqua View

h2o<----says you will see what's real.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I would take a fish finder first, but if your happy with what you have then get the aqua view. The way I use my camera, it would be worthless without a fish finder. The camera is a good thing if you take younger kids fishing. I don't see the aqua view as a replacement for the fish finder, but they are fun to play with.

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
The Lowrance unit is a much more powerfull tool than the underwater camera. I have an underwater camera but don't use it as often as I thought I would. In most cases you can determine what is below you (weed, rock, fish, etc) much quicker and easier with a properly tuned sonar unit, maps, and general understanding of the environment you are in. The camera is good to use if your not sure what exactly it is below you, to see if fish are there just not bitting, or for play. It is a fun toy!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Forget it Dan, you don't need either of those!!!!!!

Personally I'm quite fond of my Aqua Vu. I'll agree it is a pain to take out, setup, and use. You can't really do it while you are fishing. I think it has paid off and has help me really learn to use my sonar correctly. How else are you going to know what rock, sand weeds and fish REALLY look like unless you know you are over them?

That's my $.02

Vic

·
Registered
188 Posts
I would go with the LCX 15, the gps/sonar is a necessity and the underwater camera is a luxury. The LCX 15 would find your wood, rocks, weeds, roadbeds etc... and the underwater camera would enhance the detail. But then again, if you could troll at a descent pace with an underwater camera and see everything below that might be cool too.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
No question about it. The sonar.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have both the lcx 15 and the aqua view. The LCX showed me things I thought I could never see with a fish finder. But then again the aqua view has probably won a few tournaments for me while prefishing. My suggestion is to get both!!! They are both great tools that I would never go without.

·
Registered
927 Posts
i have an aqua vu and i absolutly love it.

problem is whenever i drop it and see a fish, i put it right down and fish for the rest of the day.

i have no self control what so ever, it can be a distraction.

but, it has turned out to be one of the best tools i have for understanding bottom structure and the way fish relate to it.

i say put both toys in the boat and have some real fun.

madman himself

1 - 10 of 10 Posts