Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Quite possibly the best graph you can buy for a combo ice fishing/open water in a small footprint graph. It is sold with or without the ice fishing package (bracket, battery, transducer mount for ice fishing, etc.)

And as with all Lowrance graphs there is a flasher mode (flashgraf) thet will rival any flasher. it works exceptionally well on the color units.

My tourney partner has this graph on the front of his bass boat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am also looking a the Lowarance X67c and the Humminbird 345ci or 343c portable's. I think that both offer choices of graph or flasher. The Humminbird seemed like the screen may have been a little nicer. But, would also be interested on peoples experiences with both models.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
QUOTE(homer from omer @ Jan 14 2010, 08:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Second hand info - but I herd that Lowrance customer service has gone down recently.

Hopefully you will not need service on a new unit but something to consider.

Lowarnce customer service has gone down hill ever since they sold the company to Navico.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Navico owns Lowrance. NOT Navionics. Navionics has some of the best customer support in the business.

Lowrance still has good customer support. They have had some supply chain issues that has resulted in ower than average turn around. Things seem to have gotten better.

Also you cannot rely on second hand reports...especially on the internet.

Also regarding Lowrance customer support, please do not confuse a unhappy customer from out dated units that Lowrance will no longer service. While advances in electronics result in newer higher feature units coming to market, one cannot expect them to service units forever that are 2 or 3 models ago. They do offer upgrade options for older units. If you do have a customer service or warranty issue I strongly recommend that you contact Linda Colt.

Linda Colt
Customer Service Department

12000 East Skelly Drive

Tulsa, Ok 74128

1-800-324-1356 #8747

Direct line 918-438-8747

Fax 918-234-1745

Email: [email protected]

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Buy the x67. It's the best unit for ice fishing that's out there and at a GREAT price. I only wish I had bought it 2 years ago instead of my flasher. The flasher is great, but there's only so much it can do.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I got the X67c for Christmas 2 yrs ago and I am very happy with it. I used it this past season and its a great unit. Its highly visible in direct sunlight. At night that baby lit up my dash area lol. Great for finding that certain depth & temperature your lookin for. Im very satisfied with the x67. I dont use it for ice fishing, but I know its convertable with a separate kit. Only complaint is I didnt get one with GPS. If I was to suggest a fish/depth finder this one is great. Two thumbs up. The nice folks from LSCN even assisted with installation! LOL A free bonus for pretty much any accessory (upon request).

·
Registered
562 Posts
Lowrance customer service MIGHT be good....dunno....I could never hold the phone long enough to finally get through. My arm gets too sore after 20 minutes. And thats from experience. I finally threw away my unit out of frustration. I'd never buy Lowrance again just over that issue alone. That was approximately 2 years ago...maybe 3.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Best sonar I have ever owned!!! Very sensitive works on the ice, boat, battery last forever I get at least 3 all day trips before recharging. Have an older lowrance gps combo on the boat so i didn't opt for the m68c but if u don't already have gps thats the one you want. Not bad at all on the price either. Buy one and I garauntee you'll be very happy! Down side to the ice machine version is you"ll want to make a foam float for the ducer cause the "arm" it comes with is stupid. Quick fix though I actully used the foam from the box it came in! LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts