Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished out of Harley Ensign various spots at South Channel 9-12 w/son (late start then grandparent duty in afternoon). Bright, hot, very little wind. Slow, caught just two 3+ lb smallies on drop shot rigs in 16-18 ft water. Tried different baits, both fish came on 4" generic swim baits from Lakeside in pearl.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Fished out of Harley Ensign various spots at South Channel 9-12 w/son (late start then grandparent duty in afternoon). Bright, hot, very little wind. Slow, caught just two 3+ lb smallies on drop shot rigs in 16-18 ft water. Tried different baits, both fish came on 4" generic swim baits from Lakeside in pearl.
Well, at least you go out there with your son for a few hours of quality time. That right there is worth more than any fish to me!! Plus you did get a few fish as well for a couple of sandwhiches if you wanted them.. Was a beautiful day to be out there with the weather we've been having the past few days. Maybe not the best day for fishing. I've been doing pretty good in the shallower water myself for the smallies and the perch, but I use live bait when I go out most of the time. (Minnows & worms). Once in a while I use plastics, but not too often.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I was out about the same time frame, in the Middle Channel with about the same results as you had. Very hot, very calm and very slow bite.
But it's better than staying home :cool: lol

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yep, you're so right, iggy. i left the lake a very pleased dad. we stopped over at eddy's to grab a couple dogs and root beer on the way out, which makes the day.

FT, it did seem that way for the other boats out, yes, but yeah both my son and i were real happy to be out. he's a patient young man, doesn't mind when it's slow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts