Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the north end of the dumps 10 AM to 2 PM. Ended up with 3 eaters and a 27.5 inch pig. Hammered gold harnesses with red beads on bottom bouncers did the trick. They seemed to bite only when the sun came out. Back at it tomorrow. After we got back in my father in law nailed a nice bowfin in the canal behind the house.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
QUOTE(huuligan @ Aug 22 2009, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Fished the north end of the dumps 10 AM to 2 PM. Ended up with 3 eaters and a 27.5 inch pig. Hammered gold harnesses with red beads on bottom bouncers did the trick. They seemed to bite only when the sun came out. Back at it tomorrow. After we got back in my father in law nailed a nice bowfin in the canal behind the house.

Man, that's a nice 'eye. Good job. Little guy looks like he had a blast. Nothing better...

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
QUOTE(LovingIt @ Aug 23 2009, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice catch...I'm jealous! By the way, what is a bowfin???

Bowfin, sometimes called a Dogfish. It's a big ugly fish with a vicious attitude, related to the Snakehead family. You don't wanna get bit by one on the finger or anything...they have some teeth.

Great job on the fish during mid-afternoon!!!! I've had a few good days drifting the lake during a sunny, hot afternoon. That is one nice hog too!!!!! Good job Huli!!

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
nice job on the eye's maybe thats why i got skunked i came back in around noon the sun was just coming out but i was out of cigs and had no food i launched at 6am i must try my old faithful again

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.