Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last weekend om 6/5, my brother Marty & I drifted and trolled harnesses all over at Metro, produced zip.
So for this Saturday, per a report through a friend, I decided to fish just south of the fireceacker.
We drifted harnesses again, and then trolled for a while until the wind made it to difficult to navigate at 1- 1.5 mph.
ZIP! (well, one little perch about four inches long, but that doesn't count when I'm after the eyes)
A couple boats pulling wire, but I didn't see any eyes go in the boat. Not to say they didn't catch any, but we sure didn't.
Anybody do any good at metro area yesterday?
I heard one radio report for mushy1 that he had zip out there.

·
Registered
226 Posts
We drifted harnesses out between 9-11 mile last night for a couple of hours and also had nothing. Not even a bite. Seems to happen with east winds.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I was going to go out this weekend and try to change my luck.
However, when I got home after fishing saturday, I decided to inspect the trailer bearings.
Bearings are in great shape, three seasons and not one drop of water and zero rust or pits!
But CRAP!!!! Now I can't find anyone with replacement seals for the bearings.
Detroit Ball Bearing used to by the place to get any bearing, any seal you ever wanted.
Can't find them, I heard they were bought out.
Meanwhile, I have been to half the trailer businesses and boating shops in oakland county, ZIP!

HELP!!!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hey Michigun Mike,

Try Bearing service in Livonia-734-591-0400

Or Hitch House in New Hudson-248-486-9355

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Detroit Ball Bearing is now Applied Industrial Technologies. I do not have a number for the Detroit area. Try a search on the web, they have a site.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Desi and Coolwater,
Thanks for the replies.
I did find http://web.applied.com/ which is aparrently the company that took over Detroit Ball Bearing.
On another note, I did find my bearing seals.

I called Tracker BPS and they refered me to a place in Waterford called Mr. Trailer.
Funny,I have driven by that place almost every day for years and never knew they were there!

I picked up a set, and Cathy at BPS Boat shop is ordering me another set, so the next time, I won't have to hunt around for them.
Thanks again for your help!

·
Registered
927 Posts
Mr Trailer rules.

i had an emergency last year the night before i left for Kentucky and they hooked me up and got me on the road again.

madman himself

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.