Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From what I've gathered it seems the DNR pull the docks today. What launches are still available to get on the lake? Or is it a grab the chest waders kind deal from here on out?
Thx

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Yeah, basically grab some waders or at least hip boots and go wherever it's not iced up. I think they're all open: once the ice starts forming it will be a matter of which is clear.

Harley Ensign @ S. River Rd will probably be an option straight until ice up. Moving water keeps it clear until after the lake freezes. I fished until December 1st from there last year. There may have even been a dock still in the water, but I don't recall for certain.

Also, if I recall correctly, the dock at Alter Rd is not removable, so that will be an option in the upper river / lower lake area until the canal ices up. Easy launch, too, just the right slope and depth, at least for my 14 ft boat.

I think the Belle River Marina on the Canadian side will be available too. No dock there, just breakwalls on the sides of the ramp. That will freeze early too, undoubtedly.

QUOTE(heimskr @ Oct 31 2009, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>From what I've gathered it seems the DNR pull the docks today. What launches are still available to get on the lake? Or is it a grab the chest waders kind deal from here on out?
Thx

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Harley Ensign usually has the docks in longer than any other launch on the Michigan side.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I know it's almost november, but this seems awful early to be yanking docks

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
We go thru this every season. There is no reason to pull them prior to Thanksgiving. However the first week of November is the time they usually yank them.

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
There were only four pulled at Harley last night. Most are still in there. They don't pull them all at once. Last year they'd pull one or two a week until it was down to one, and that was late November.

I don't remember her name, but there was a lady we all called last year expressing our wishes to have the docks left in.

Here's an excerpt from a thread last year-

"I have spoken with Rick Cleveland at the Old North River Road office, and his mind was made up. 586-465-2138 after a while he will quit answering.
His supervisor is Luba Sitar out of Southfield. 248-359-9040"

Maybe someone can cnofirm this/these are still viable numbers and contacts and we can start calling!

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(esoxfly @ Oct 31 2009, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>There was alot of discussion on this last year, so I'll pin it this year, and we can post updates and access point here until they're all out.
Great idea Jeff. Hopefully someone can confirm the #'s

·
Sponsor Since 02-09
290 Posts
Selfridge DNR Nov. 2. 3 ramps still in.

·
Premium Member
19,196 Posts
Has anyone heard from Jack Hodge or Mike thomas? Jack has been very valuable on the doc subject. Sh!t they are both valuable on anything fisheries, and Harley launch related, awsome guys!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Anybody been to crocker? thinkin bout hitin it tomorrow

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
[quote name='gldnrcher' post='941015' date='Nov 7 2009, 01:23 PM']Anybody been to crocker? thinkin bout hitin it tomorrow[/quote
wanting to go today just called the bait shop by the launch but i still recommend 9 mile bp, anglers piont, jimmy's or m&m

they said they didnt know if the docks was still out but people was launching from there but the see wall to launch off of

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
anyone got updates on launches still in..either BBurg, Fair Haven, or Selfridge? Wanna take the boat out for a quick run one last time. Thanks

1 - 20 of 46 Posts