Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
fished this weekend, wasnt in the tournament but they sure announce when OPP is on the water does anyone fish legally out there. i was amazed at this seeing there was a 15k prize money tourney going on. apperently was ok to turn in an illegally caught fish? because i seen alot of tourney boats over rodded and when OPP checked us for licenses they had alot of rods in their boat, like 15 minutes after they left us some guy was on the radio saying he had 6 rods taken by the MAN. personally i dont think overrodding makes someone a good fisherman, put enough rods out eventually one of em has to catch something. not all the boats were illegal but there was alot that were and i didnt hear any DQ's called on the radio. sure not like the salmon tourneys if you get seen overrodding/cheating your called out on it,lsc they warn each other when C.O./OPP is patroling so cheating is obviously condoned,and its c/r fishing isnt an excuse because fish have died in these types of tourneys before

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Yeah those that cheat just ruin the sport for everyone else out there. Should have gotten some pictures of the violators and there mc numbers and turned them in to the dnr.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
We had 4 guys and used 8 rods all weekend, fishing the tourny. Many other boats were running legal too. 4-5 guys, 8-10 rods. 64 boats in the tourny.

There were just as many NON-tournament boats, running heavy rod counts.

(Also, not saying, some tourny boats were not over legal limit, because they were..and some got caught).

The tourny, was not a sanctioned event, and did not have any rod limits. If you had 12 guys, they could run 24 rods legally. It was the anglers choice to break provincial or US rod limits. Does that make them Poachers???

Not much different than speeding down I94 to get to the boat launch, to be first boat out on the water... Does speeding (against the law), make a person a poacher too?? What about an open adult beverage, when trolling, or too many hooks on your lures? Only allowed four (4) gangs per rod in Canada waters...so if someone runs sliders, they can have up to 4 hooks total?

Two Wileys - Poacher?? Two Spike Spoons - non Poacher????

NONE of us have ever done that before???

We were checked by the man, and were running legal. Still got hassled, because one angler didn't have his blue sheet, attached to his pink sheet. WTF! Found it eventually in his wallet, and they left us be.

Reason for ID-ing the MNR, is bigger than rods. Guys sleeping down below, open adult beverages, too many hooks, etc...

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
If I choose to speed, illegal turn or any other violation. And I'm caught that's my fault And I'll pay my fine mand keep my mouth shut. Not whine about it.
I don't know how the would prove it, but if you're caught in some states, it's illegal to warn others of police speed traps, radar etc.
The same thing applies to rods. Each person is allowed a maximum amount of rods and hooks, in the water. This also applys to types of baits allowed on some waters. Why we're the people who got caught violating the game laws whining, and why are you standing up for them.
If i got nailed for speedig , I'm a speeder. If your violating game laws your a poacher. Make that knowingly violating.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
I agree 100% if you are running too many rods or lines you are a poacher and it is illegal and all it does is ruin the fun for others. And if you are in a tournament and are a poacher then you should have a lifetime ban from all tournaments. just my .02

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
QUOTE(EagleLarry @ Jul 30 2009, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If I choose to speed, illegal turn or any other violation. And I'm caught that's my fault And I'll pay my fine mand keep my mouth shut. Not whine about it.
I don't know how the would prove it, but if you're caught in some states, it's illegal to warn others of police speed traps, radar etc.
The same thing applies to rods. Each person is allowed a maximum amount of rods and hooks, in the water. This also applys to types of baits allowed on some waters. Why we're the people who got caught violating the game laws whining, and why are you standing up for them.
If i got nailed for speedig , I'm a speeder. If your violating game laws your a poacher. Make that knowingly violating.

I am not defending those who got caught. Shame on them...they pay the piper and shouldn't whine.

I am defending "tournament fishermen" who didn't break game laws, and are getting stereo-typed above in Troller11s post. Just because we fish tournaments, does NOT make everyone violaters and poachers.

I spend 500+ hours on LSC every season, and rod limit violations occur on many boats, other than tournament fishing boats. If someone does not enter a tournament, then why complain about the fish being entered??? If one has not put any money up, then one should not worry about the tourny rules? IMO

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
QUOTE(Contender @ Jul 30 2009, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(EagleLarry @ Jul 30 2009, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If I choose to speed, illegal turn or any other violation. And I'm caught that's my fault And I'll pay my fine mand keep my mouth shut. Not whine about it.

I am not defending those who got caught. Shame on them...they pay the piper and shouldn't whine.

I am defending "tournament fishermen" who didn't break game laws, and are getting stereo-typed above in Troller11s post. Just because we fish tournaments, does NOT make everyone violaters and poachers.

I spend 500+ hours on LSC every season, and rod limit violations occur on many boats, other than tournament fishing boats. If someone does not enter a tournament, then why complain about the fish being entered??? If one has not put any money up, then one should not worry about the tourny rules? IMO

I really hope you're not saying that tourneys sanction openly violating game laws. That ,too me anyway sounds like it.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Dear Dennis:

I remember a photo about a year back with a Moderator on your boat with an open beer while trolling. I believe it was when you caught your 56" fish. If the "MAN" was coming up behind you, I am sure you would have liked to know.

I have heard, from a number of sources, that there is plenty of "Contraband" on your boat would be frowned upon by the OPP and the MNR.

Stop preaching to the fishermen on this site, you're no angel yourself.

·
Premium Member
19,196 Posts
Please do not let this thread go down the shithole with finger pointing and who dun, what done, and holier than b.s. up to this point there is some strong points and it is on the verge of just becoming a pissing match.

----> any fishing group with a 501-C3 designation would be dumb not to have immediate member dismissal upon findings of poaching, or DNR, MNR game violations.

So peeps, keep it real

Nutz

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
I never fish to many rods. I'm stuck with using one at a time. Can't throw two at a time aymore let alone three. LOL

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
I just thought about it I can use three as long as two have floating baits. I cast one let it float the number to and let it float and # 3 Any bait I want and bring it in first. I wonder how many fish will look at the floaterd/? I think this is to much work for me. It would be leagal I guess. LOL

·
Registered
478 Posts
This is why this site has gone to sh*t. Because "clowns" like this post garbage.

I will repeat my favorite quote: " It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it and remove all doubt."
QUOTE(Chefnutz @ Jul 30 2009, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Please do not let this thread go down the shithole with finger pointing and who dun, what done, and holier than b.s. up to this point there is some strong points and it is on the verge of just becoming a pissing match.

----> any fishing group with a 501-C3 designation would be dumb not to have immediat member dismissal upon findings of poaching, or DNR, MNR game violations.

So peeps, keep it real

Nutz

·
Premium Member
19,196 Posts
QUOTE(heinie @ Jul 30 2009, 12:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>This is why this site has gone to sh*t. Because "clowns" like this post garbage.

I will repeat my favorite quote: " It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it and remove all doubt."
QUOTE(Chefnutz @ Jul 30 2009, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Please do not let this thread go down the shithole with finger pointing and who dun, what done, and holier than b.s. up to this point there is some strong points and it is on the verge of just becoming a pissing match.

----> any fishing group with a 501-C3 designation would be dumb not to have immediat member dismissal upon findings of poaching, or DNR, MNR game violations.

So peeps, keep it real

Nutz

SO what makes me a clown? I did not support you this time? Are you serious? You can't make a valid point, have anything supporting your case? All you can do is call me a clown, and say "oh this is why this sight is going to sh*t", really!!! You are really laying it out there!!!!! You really can't be serious!!!

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
I would also like to add that if I see you doing illegal fishing activities you can bet your bottom dollar I am going to call you on it. I don't agree with poaching in any shape or form. Fishing or hunting. I don't want to seem like an angel. Yes I speed. Not while towing my boat. But my extent of speeding is to 4 or 5 miles an hour over. I do not drink on my boat but others may do as they please while on my boat. But under no circumstances will any one ever and I ,mean ever have more than there legal lines or rods in the water while on my boat. if you try I hope you can swim cause you will be going over side along with whatever you brought on board. Fishing and hunting is a right and shouldn't be abused just because you can. Just My Opinion.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
First - before it goes any further about into club bashing.

My post has NOTHING to do with the MOMC. So do not drag the MOMC into this discussion.

EagleLarry - Nice avatar (being serious)

...BUT what are you getting at with that statement??? "I really hope you're not saying that tourneys sanction openly violating game laws. That ,too me anyway sounds like it. "

I stated NOTHING of the sort. Just stated the tourny last weekend was NOT sanctioned. (ie run by any musky club) Clubs have rules about rods, and enforce them. This is NOT about clubs.

People ratted out the OMNR location, while a tourny was going on. Big Deal, mere coincidence. This same "ratting out" happens EVERY day on the water, tourny or NO tourny. Can not even count the time, hearing, "The Man, the law, Red Whizz, Skippy, MNR, DNR or CO's" are running around on the water"

This simple heads up, can help many situations, in addition to rod limits. Often, gives you time to get out/find licenses, wake up sleepy/hung over pals and empty some of our favorite beverages.

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
OK I'll throw my .02 in here.
I helped put together both of the LSCN Toadfests. Friendly get together and fish for a few bucks type of tournaments. but not sanctioned by any group. Part of the rules included follow all DNR & MDNR rules. Club sanctioned or not, it's just good sportsmanship to follow the rules set in place by the jurisdiction you are fishing.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Wasn't calling YOU a clown chef, read between the lines.
QUOTE(Chefnutz @ Jul 30 2009, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(heinie @ Jul 30 2009, 12:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>This is why this site has gone to sh*t. Because "clowns" like this post garbage.

So peeps, keep it real

Nutz

SO what makes me a clown? I did not support you this time? Are you serious? You can't make a valid point, have anything supporting your case? All you can do is call me a clown, and say "oh this is why this sight is going to sh*t", really!!! You are really laying it out there!!!!! You really can't be serious!!!

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jul 30 2009, 01:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>OK I'll throw my .02 in here.
I helped put together both of the LSCN Toadfests. Friendly get together and fish for a few bucks type of tournaments. but not sanctioned by any group. Part of the rules included follow all DNR & MDNR rules. Club sanctioned or not, it's just good sportsmanship to follow the rules set in place by the jurisdiction you are fishing.

Not only is it good sportsmanship, its the law!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.