Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out from 10am to 5:30

Hit the breakline out from Mac and Rays....9-10 FOW...picked up a couple of small ones.

Mile roads were dirty....spent 30 minutes out from 400 Club...12 fow...caught 2 keepers dragging tubes but the wind was stiff from the southwest so we left.

Headed across to the middle channel....fish were stacked up in 18-20 fow. Caught a couple more.

Ended the day in the bay near Metro Launch...caught 6 keeper largeheads.

Best 5 were about 10-11 lbs.

Not a great day, but we'll be back at it tomorrow.

On a side note for the walleye guys....the north channel coming into the lake, right side, 9-12 fow west of Deckers and out to the no wake buoy has been holding TONS of walleye all week.....I can't get 'em to bite my tubes though!!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ken...I was out between the 400 Club and the Crocker Launch from about 4:30pm - 8:00pm. Those winds were howling. Good for drifting though. I ended up with one walleye and 3 perch in the cooler...probably caught 20 perch in all but threw most back. Also landed a decent sized smallmouth on a 3" Berkley Power Grub on a plain 1/8 oz jighead tied to a slip bobber. Water was pretty clear once you drifted west from the shoreline.
BP

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Plain 1/8 oz. jig married to a 3in. Berkley Power Grub, Oh My does that sound familiar.

h2o<--good job bripow

·
Registered
16 Posts
Fished the Canadian side, East of Peche Island this morning. Landed a nice 26 inch walleye in 25 fow jigging with a paddle worm and 3/8 oz glo jig from Northland. Lost one at the mouth of the river next to the green buoy. Also had a nice musky hit my jig, believe it or not, and he pulled my line out and wrapped it around the bouy anchor line, as we drifted by, where he made his escape. Managed to get my mangled jig back though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts