Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Ok this is what you have all been waiting for (my fellow Good Pirates of the Lake
). The Lake St. Clair Network Holiday Charity Event has OFFICIALLY started. Our intention is to help those in need this season in our very own community. Our goal is to be able to touch the lives of 5 different families. I want to make it known in advance that ALL donations both monetarily and time-wise are GREATLY appreciated. We are very lucky and therefore I want to leave you with just one thought…

We are fortunate enough to be able to give and to have the hearts to want to give!!!

Here it goes Family #1:
A single mother with a 10 month old boy and a 3 ½ year old girl was recommended to us by The Good Shepard Church Coalition. The mother is requesting warm clothes for her kids and very few & very simple, inexpensive toys.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I will be willing to volunteer my time to do whatver is needed ;-) as well as we will supply them with some warm clothing. Keep me posted please!!

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
i will donate a little $$ also....
thanks Girlie (your a saint as well)

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Since Today is the official KICK OFF day, CBJ (Chief Pirate/Elf/Grand Marshall of Tuesday Night) will be collecting money tonight at TNT's.

For anyone interesed using PayPal it will be up by this evening!!!!!

Once again thank you everyone I am confident we will do a phenomenal job!!! If you have specific ideas, thoughts or comments let us know!!! Once we have funds check here to see what we need..... shoppers, wrappers, etc!!!!

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
Shoppers..hmmm i wonder who.....
I think we should leave that to the PROFESIONAL'S

mananaII
pauligan
shandog
MONEYSHOT
ect......

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
QUOTEShoppers..hmmm i wonder who.....
I think we should leave that to the PROFESIONAL'S

mananaII
pauligan
shandog
MONEYSHOT
ect......

Hey Mister you forgot #1 Power Shopper............ME!!!!!! <_<

I've got the time, heart, cash (well some) and willingness to participate.....sign me up!!

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Girlie, If you need any help doing anything, please don't hesitate to call on me. I will help you in any way that I can!

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
Me too

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well... we definitely will not have problems finding shoppers!!!!

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
QUOTE(Girlie @ Nov 18 2003, 11:05 PM)Well... we definitely will not have problems finding shoppers!!!!

I will help you in any way, BUT I WILL NOT SHOP!

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Girlie, I would love to come help wrap or whatever you need. My girls could join in the festivities as well. I always try to do something with them at this time of year and show them not to forget those less fortunate. Last year was the first time I really didn't do anything, so I'm ready for action. You know how to reach me

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Girlie,
I would like to donate. I missed TNT's last night, but could I bring the money next Tuesday to TNT's, or at the Gino's gig on Wednesday?

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
We got your donation, Rich! Congrats on being the first to donate online!

Wehn CBJ wakes up, he can tell us if he collected anything last night.

Jabber, the donation can will be going around on 11/26 for sure!

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
i would like to donate either jack's union house or my apartment as the place to wrap all the gifts at one time, and i'd love to head up the wrapping brigade!

is there more info about other families and other items?

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Nov 19 2003, 11:26 AM)i would like to donate either jack's union house or my apartment as the place to wrap all the gifts at one time, and i'd love to head up the wrapping brigade!

is there more info about other families and other items?
I don't have the details, but I'm pretty sure family #2 is comfirmed. I believe it was a single mother with an 8th grader. Emily will confirm this when she gets on.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts