Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
The date has been changed to October 19th....Team Format, $100.00 entry fee, Jack's and LSCN will be putting up $3000.00 CASH for prize money!!!!!!!!!!!!! The pot will grow with more entries. Pre-Registration/Meeting 5pm-8pm. Fisherman's Fare dinner discount will be given to those dining as well sticking around for the meeting.

$100 per 2 Man Team Includes:
Continental Breakfast
Fisherman's Buffet Lunch or Dinner
Exclusive set of Fish Beads
Fisherman's Fare Drink Coupons
Goodie Bag for first 50 Teams
Trophies/Awards

I just got an email with more details hence the change in the entry feeand the additional details....

Mini

·
Formerly "FRL"
930 Posts
Hey Mini,

Man that bites since I already scheduled the ABA open for the same lake and date. I paid for and picked up the Permit today. The DNR told me nothing else was scheduled for that date.....

Why the change ?

Where they launching out of?

I've already sent the fliers to the press shop. Hope I can stop it in time.

We need to work something out so we dont conflict.

Call me .... ASAP... Please!

·
Registered
666 Posts
May have to consider that one. Buffet lunch or dinner? Is the lunch for those that don't have their limit by noon?

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Hey! I might be able to fish it now! I might have to trick Derek into thinking we're on Cass Lake and it just seems larger because he's getting older...

Anyone hear about the dates for any of the Cass opens in October yet?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Mini,

This sounds good to me. This may be a silly question, but I assume the Preregistration meeting is the night before the Tourney...???

Smitty

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
QUOTE(FRL @ Aug 18 2003, 08:46 PM)Hey Mini,

Man that bites since I already scheduled the ABA open for the same lake and date. I paid for and picked up the Permit today. The DNR told me nothing else was scheduled for that date.....

Why the change ?

Where they launching out of?

I've already sent the fliers to the press shop. Hope I can stop it in time.

We need to work something out so we dont conflict.

Call me .... ASAP... Please!
The change was made without my presence. I have been out of town alot lately....

The date was selected and I realized today that I have a conflict with a charity event up north. I guess I have a decision to make.

There is no need for a permit as the weigh-in will be at Jack's Waterfront Rest., you launch where you want and head to Jacks in the morning for boat check and blast off. I dont have your number...my cell phone suffered too may waves this past weekend and I lost em all. You can email me yours and I will call as soon as I can.

Flyers will be availbe soon...hopefully in a .pdf format here so you can print them on your own.

Stay tuned.

Mini

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(boatnfish @ Aug 18 2003, 09:01 PM)May have to consider that one. Buffet lunch or dinner? Is the lunch for those that don't have their limit by noon?
If you want to get there at noon Doug, that is fine by me...lol

I assume that they meant dinner.

I wanted to discuss an hourly big fish award like they do down south.....what do you guys think?

Mini

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(djkimmel @ Aug 19 2003, 02:05 AM)Hey! I might be able to fish it now! I might have to trick Derek into thinking we're on Cass Lake and it just seems larger because he's getting older...

Anyone hear about the dates for any of the Cass opens in October yet?
Just take his glasses from him....other than the wave he wouldnt know the difference!

Mini

·
Registered
666 Posts
The hourly big bass is an idea, but not sure how practical it would be on St. Clair. With the distances that people could go, you could easily end up with one team taking them all if they were to stay in the immediate area and weigh one fish an hour.

I like the idea, but think it would have to depend on the number of boats entered.

·
Formerly "FRL"
930 Posts
I was able to put a stop on our fliers in time.... thank god!

Looks like I will just reschedule our date to another date so we don't have a conflict.

Thanks

·
Formerly "FRL"
930 Posts
As for the hourly big bass... they tried that last year in the Kicken Bass Open on the Grand and dropped it this year.

Alot of guys complained about it for the soul fact that not everyone wanted to run back to the launch every hour.
Most everyone preffers the money go into the total weight pot instead.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The hourly big bass thing is popular in other states. BUT they have radio stations doing broadcasts from the weigh-in site to alert people if it is worth the run back.

I think you have to release the fish once you weigh it in also.

Mini

·
Registered
294 Posts
Hey, Dan. I would think that you could get Derek to St. Clair without having to trick him. You might have to watch him closely when you get near the M-59 exit. "No, Derek. Not here, keep going".

·
Registered
873 Posts
Count myself and Cecil or Andy in........... Wichever I can get to commit with me!!!!! Hey, wasn't there mention of a contest involving hmmmm T shirts or something to do with water???? Regardless this sounds like a hit tournament...... Hope to see you all, with the posts and the time of the year it would be sweeeeeeet to fill a tournament with 150 or 200.

Sounds like good things from a great site!!!

Nick Neves

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.