Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There has been some confusion about another forum that people have been PM'd about. Note that this is NOT the adult or R-rated forum that had been discussed a week or so ago on our site.

As evident by the references to the LSCN site, it's staff, and even it's members, that site is NOT affiliated with our site, we do not support or condone that site, nor do we support the methods used to solicit our LSCN community to go to that site.

Although you are always free to visit other sites or forums, understand where the LSCN staff stands on this one. We don't approve, are disappointed about, and regard this as an intentional derogatory move regarding LSCN.

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,229 Posts
How about a no-holds barred, cage match between the admin's?!?!?!?!?

Just Kidding.....love LSCN and will not leave until I am forced to!!!

·
Registered
455 Posts
I'm a proud member of both sites and don't plan on leaving either one!

From what I can tell, the "other site" is just one more place to have fun and talk to freinds. Just that and nothing more.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I really hope everyone can be adult about it, and all get along. There is no reason that peeps can't visit both boards and still have a great time. Also if someone wants to post something more controversial, they can switch over to the other site and the mod's don't have to worry here. This should make all of the sponsers of this site happy too. I hope all is works out well and I hope that I am welcome on both sites.

·
Registered
673 Posts
QUOTE(Captain Dan @ Mar 8 2004, 04:31 PM)I'm a proud member of both sites and don't plan on leaving either one!

From what I can tell, the "other site" is just one more place to have fun and talk to freinds. Just that and nothing more.

Exactly. Still love LSCN!

·
Registered
338 Posts
It hurt a little to see the others' pain (as expressed in such a hardline stance that's obviously being taken--over there). The method used to invite me did utilize the LSCN, and would be considered devious perhaps. What I'm seeing early on is a tight knit group of adult peeps that have a lot of love for one another...and that want to have fun. Minus any bitterness, the "other forum" will serve many in a good and fun way. Will it thrive and for how long is yet to be seen. There is a nucleus formed; and a seemingly strong one. That same nucleus shares blood with this line however. May God bless us all.

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
QUOTE(Captain Dan @ Mar 8 2004, 04:31 PM)I'm a proud member of both sites and don't plan on leaving either one!

I agree Dan, I also am a member of both, plus another board that I don't bring up in here! I will remain a member of all three, untill I am forced to leave. I love all three boards!

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
QUOTE(Melly Jo @ Mar 8 2004, 04:35 PM)I really hope everyone can be adult about it, and all get along. There is no reason that peeps can't visit both boards and still have a great time. Also if someone wants to post something more controversial, they can switch over to the other site and the mod's don't have to worry here. This should make all of the sponsers of this site happy too. I hope all is works out well and I hope that I am welcome on both sites.
Agreed.

LSCN is my first home, if it wasn't for this site, I wouldn't have meet the wonderful people I have. The capt'ns do a great job and it's truly appreciated. It doesn't surprise me that another forum was created, gives the ones who don't mind the R rated talk a chance to enjoy the other side. We'll all still get along.

LSCN Rocks!

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(Melly Jo @ Mar 8 2004, 04:35 PM)I really hope everyone can be adult about it, and all get along. There is no reason that peeps can't visit both boards and still have a great time.
I'm sorry, but I don't think that referring to this site as "HELL" and making deragatory references & photos about the moderators and members is very adult like.

That only enforces the belief that we have made the right decisions, and eliminates any respect we have for that site.

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
We as members don't have a choice, he has used the word filters to refer to this site as such. I try and get around the filters as much as possible!

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(afiremen @ Mar 8 2004, 05:31 PM)We as members don't have a choice, he has used the word filters to refer to this site as such. I try and get around the filters as much as possible!
Very adult like, once again.

You DO have a choice....

·
Registered
455 Posts
You know people...... It's about time everyone got off their "i'm better than you kick" and start letting some things roll off their backs. The same peeps that constantly complain about threads and posts are the same peeps that cause most of the problems! If you see a thread you dont like, dont read it! Why is it you feel that everyone else is waiting for your comments on everything? You do know that you can keep your opinion to yourself sometimes, right?

I've said it in the past and i'll say it again. Why is it that the vocal minority has to screw it up for everyone else?

And as far as the "other site" goes. Dont pick and choose the exerpts that you wish to post here. Be honest and tell the whole story. Because for as many things that were posted that may or may not offend you. There were many more that welcomed everyone. If i'm not mistaken an invitation was given with open arms.

Also i'm sure everyone is aware who runs the other site.
How much good has he done for LSCN? How much money has been raised for charity? Always there to lend a hand or a quick smile.

My .02cents

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
dan , well said.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
this is kind of like the summer argument. some like zman and some like the preacher. we are all together, deal with it. everyone has their own taste. now lscn does not have to worry about posting an r rated forum . it is out there for those who choose to view it.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(Taxman @ Mar 8 2004, 07:04 PM)just keep me and the BRB out of it!
Ditto...but make it the big yellow bus

I'm all about the love......I try to live my life not judging others and respect their opinions (even thought they differ from my own).

In my own personal life I have had many problems in the last year and a half. I come on here because you guys are my sunshine (my girls are my biggest rays
) and make me laugh. I don't want to see or hear the drama...I have enough in my life <_<

I'd like to see everybody kiss and make up myself
It would require sucking up a lot of pride, but it could be done.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Divorce is ugly. A reminder to buy your wife some flowers.

I don't know very many of the people on either side of it, but I have rubbernecked it quite a bit.

It's like a soap opera during work...

I like this board, people come up with very interesting topics, and I like it for the boating information. Don't think I would have any interest in the other site. Nothing against them, and during college I probably could have hung with that crowd.

For now, I'll continue to look at this site for the business and boating reasons I came here for in the first place. Oh yeah, and the rubbernecking!

Good luck to everyone, I hope there is a group hug in your future

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.