Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, $15.00 on a spinner-bait, if they work I dont have a problem with it
but i'm a little leary throwing one, them pike seem to almost like them
better than bass. Someone tell me the rundown on these badboys.

also if you guys like topwaters have you tried the yellow magics?
I think you will like them they are by far probably the best topwater out of the package without any modifications needing to be made. Give them a try I think you will compare them to Ivonio spash its except you dont have to change the tail.

See ya on the water.

Rich

·
Registered
97 Posts
QUOTE(pr844s1 @ Feb 11 2003, 01:27 AM)Ok, $15.00 on a spinner-bait, if they work I dont have a problem with it
but i'm a little leary throwing one, them pike seem to almost like them
better than bass. Someone tell me the rundown on these badboys.

also if you guys like topwaters have you tried the yellow magics?
I think you will like them they are by far probably the best topwater out of the package without any modifications needing to be made. Give them a try I think you will compare them to Ivonio spash its except you dont have to change the tail.

See ya on the water.

Rich
I use "sammy" topwater baits. I think they are worth every penny.

·
Registered
927 Posts
cheap cheap cheap, im too cheap. i will ask for a raise in my weekly allowance. if approved i will have to sample these fine baits. whatever happened to the good ol days when spinnerbaits were only $9?

madman himself

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
If you guys like the Lucky Crafts but dont want the expense, try some of the new XPS hardbaits from Bass Pro Shops. I have used them for the past few years and can tell you that they do catch fish! I have caught some of the biggest smallmouth on St Clair that I ever have using the suspending model of the big jerkbait in the spring. Right now last years models are on clearance for $2.49 and this years are in (they weres tocking the shelves last Friday when I tank tested some of them). This years are $3.99-$4.99 depending on the model.

Mini

1 - 4 of 4 Posts