Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Stage Deli today. I got a turkey sandwich (turkey, muenster, yellowed iceburg lettuce on wheat that looked like wonder bread), a small bag of better maid potato chips, and a small coke. The tab???? $11.66

Am I cheap or is that really expensive?

What do you usually pay for lunch and what do you get?

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Rip-off!

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Holy $hit...your going to need a co-signer at that rate. Just think of how many BOSH dishwashers you could buy at the end of the year.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
That's a rip off.....for that type of meal we pay around $7 bucks cause you got a coke with it. I'd say my lunches run anywhere from $5-$7 on average. Unless were going to a sit down type place which ends up in the $10-$15 range.

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
You got Scammed!!!!

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
yeah that seems awful high for what you got in return MS.

I like the dbl chzburger from mickey d's = $1.00

Wendy's has a good side caesar salad for 1.00 and then you get the chicken bites for another 1.00 and voila - a chix caesar salad

·
12,052 Posts
I went to dumpsters (on the Clinton river, you know where I mean) and got a dried out burger (supposed to be delux but never got my cole slaw) and a coke.....$9.28 Guess where I wont eat again.

·
Registered
769 Posts
QUOTE(MONEYSHOT @ Jul 22 2004, 03:33 PM)I went to Stage Deli today. I got a turkey sandwich (turkey, muenster, yellowed iceburg lettuce on wheat that looked like wonder bread), a small bag of better maid potato chips, and a small coke. The tab???? $11.66

Am I cheap or is that really expensive?

What do you usually pay for lunch and what do you get?
the last time I spent that much on a sandwich, bag of chips, and a pop, was at Quiznos. Its more food than I can eat for lunch and I still feel thats high. I'd forget that place exists and find somewhere better.

·
Registered
765 Posts
We were at the Nautical Deli in St. Clair Shores last week and I know they charge a little bit more then average but they have awesome sandwiches. I don't know exactly what our bill was but I'm sure it wasn't that much for just one sandwich.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
QUOTE(hammer @ Jul 22 2004, 05:57 PM)I went to dumpsters (on the Clinton river, you know where I mean) and got a dried out burger (supposed to be delux but never got my cole slaw) and a coke.....$9.28 Guess where I wont eat again.
Hammer, I hear ya... Two weeks ago we ordered cheeseburgers "deluxe" and got 9 french fries... each.

For 2.00 extra!

We asked our "server" about it. But it was explained that "different cooks do it different ways and umm, I ahhh, ummm, oh look over there!"

I used to dig "that place" but was a bit bummed with that experience.

Potatoes are cheap, how much can a couple frickin fries cost? Has the carb-mania gone wild?!

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
QUOTE(Baby Doll @ Jul 22 2004, 07:17 PM)We were at the Nautical Deli in St. Clair Shores last week and I know they charge a little bit more then average but they have awesome sandwiches. I don't know exactly what our bill was but I'm sure it wasn't that much for just one sandwich.

We went there once when we kept the boat here in SCS a few years ago.

Your right, a bit expensive, but I think they were TOTALLY worth it!!

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
QUOTE(rerun @ Jul 22 2004, 03:38 PM)That's a rip off.....for that type of meal we pay around $7 bucks cause you got a coke with it. I'd say my lunches run anywhere from $5-$7 on average. Unless were going to a sit down type place which ends up in the $10-$15 range.
yup yup.
lunch for kourie & i yesterday came to $18, and that included an appetizer.
$11 for one sandwich? yikes!

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
QUOTE(Baby Doll @ Jul 22 2004, 06:17 PM)We were at the Nautical Deli in St. Clair Shores last week and I know they charge a little bit more then average but they have awesome sandwiches. I don't know exactly what our bill was but I'm sure it wasn't that much for just one sandwich.

I usually go there too. you get a drink and small bag of chips with sub.. There worth it id say.. I know at the party store on jefferson and 9 mile across from marina a tuna sub was 4 dollars..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts