Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
I am asking for some assistance. I have a lure that I purchased at a fishing show at the Palace of Auburn Hills about 12 years ago. When I bought the lure the company selling it called it the "Lil Ernie." Unfortunatley I do not remember the company name. This lure is the best. If the water is calm and you want non-stop surface lure action, this is the one to use. I would love to buy some more of these lures, but I cannot find them anywhere, and I have been looking for years. Some lure details: It has a rattle inside, will swim six inches deep on a quick retreve, or you can pop it along the top of the water. I have included a picture in case anyones has seen one somewhere. Any possible leads are appreciated.

Audio equipment Close-up Gadget Fashion accessory Macro photography

Attachments

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
I tried to do an internet search for you and came up with lil ernie lures but they were much bigger than the one you had.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
The Li'l Ernie is a musky bait made by Musky Mania Tackle (Pete Mania). The lure you have was most likely a homemade lure.

You can try asking on Tackle Underground. Lots of guys on there that make their own tackle & some might be able to make that lure for you (for a price of course).

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
The eye and paint pattern remind me of a Storm product. Wiggle warts, Hot n Tots, etc. Although I don't see that lure in their current product line it doesn't mean that it wasn't 12 years ago.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
QUOTE(Zib @ Jul 30 2009, 08:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The Li'l Ernie is a musky bait made by Musky Mania Tackle (Pete Mania). The lure you have was most likely a homemade lure.

You can try asking on Tackle Underground. Lots of guys on there that make their own tackle & some might be able to make that lure for you (for a price of course).

Close... The Ernie is made under the brand Musky Mania by Drifter Tackle. Pete (actual name Maina not Mania) has no stake in the company since he and his last partner sold the company to Drifter. Please don't take this as me being a "know it all", just wanted to set the facts straight.

As for the little bait in the photo is looks like something Storm might have made. If you can't find one (and you might have tried this already) a Baby One Minus might work for you too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.