Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One has been spotted on my property. Should I be concerned? Should I tell the surrounding houses? Are small dogs at risk or will their annoying yipping keep the cat at bay?

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
QUOTE(Big Dog @ Feb 5 2010, 10:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(ShiverMeTimbers @ Feb 5 2010, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>One has been spotted on my property. Should I be concerned? Maybe
Should I tell the surrounding houses? Maybe
Are small dogs at risk or will their annoying yipping keep the cat at bay? Maybe, is he hungry?

i would be more concerned with a coyote then a lynx

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
QUOTE(ShiverMeTimbers @ Feb 5 2010, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>One has been spotted on my property. Should I be concerned? Should I tell the surrounding houses? Are small dogs at risk or will their annoying yipping keep the cat at bay?

I would have my camera on the ready at all times, and see what it does. I'm pretty sure it's a little more rare than the cats or dogs in the neighborhood. Plus if you tame it, you can make it fetch you things like coffee and the girls in eagle larry's avatars.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Show up at my door with a lynx, you can have the avatars.
Set out some trail cameras if you have any access to some.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(EagleLarry @ Feb 6 2010, 11:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Show up at my door with a lynx, you can have the avatars.
Set out some trail cameras if you have any access to some.

That is my goal for the weekend, tracking down somebody I know with one.

·
Registered
19 Posts
You should report the siting on the Michigan DNR website. There's a spot to do so. A lynx this far south is pretty rare. Even sitings of bobcat are not that common. I wouldn't worry any. They are very shy.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(uncle ducky @ Feb 8 2010, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You should report the siting on the Michigan DNR website. There's a spot to do so. A lynx this far south is pretty rare. Even sitings of bobcat are not that common. I wouldn't worry any. They are very shy.

Reported it on Saturday and now just waiting for something to walk in front of the camera besides turkeys and deer.

I don't live this far south but up in northern Genesee county.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
First don't worry about your pets. Second I would go out and buy a lottery ticket. The extreme rarity of lynx in Mi and someone actually seeing such a secretive animal is astounding. Most times a large bobcat is mistaken for a lynx but there is evidence of them here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.