Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was asked to provide an article for the Macomb Daily Water Ways insert throughout the spring and summer editions. The first article is due January 22nd and it will be printed the first Thursday in February.

Any ideas what it should it be about?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I think we should do something newsworthy!!! Hmmm.... lets put our heads together!!!!!!

Ice fishing contest (anyone except MINI could be eligible)

Ice Olympics we could have some sort of fun festivities races, food, drinks, tent etc. and it could be a LSCN party.
(may be far fetched but would be fun)

I prefer the 2nd idea!!!

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
How about a comparison on how the lack of ice this year to years past.....

As a kid going up out there I remember being out on the ice fishing a mile out on Anchor Bay by this time of the year....Hell during Christmas Vacation even.....

G

·
I am sure and hope that Chuck Brockman will have updates on the SOSCL situation. Which will be AWESOME.

I would love to see something in the effect of drawing attention to the Flats history. Last summer I brought my mom over from the Grand Rapids area to show her my lifestyle here on the flats. She was blown away! Had no idea that there was a Harsens Island. And all the history behind it. She read the Life on The Flats book and loved every page of it.

Boat Safety in the channels would be a good topic. Especially when boaters approach the mighty frieghters. Can get a little hairy when you have numerous boaters in the same area and a huge frieghter is taking up the area with such power.

Just a few ideas..........

·
Registered
833 Posts
The Coast Guard always makes good press.

Hmmm, lets see.

- Recent Change of Watch ceremony
- CG Aux members in Flotilla 14-19 will be conducting ice patrols for the first time
- CG Aux is looking for new members for the 2004 season
- upcoming boat shows and public awareness / relations

Just to name a few.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
the raft for charity.

yeah its kinda self promoting but maybe if you talk about all similar events around the states and how boaters everywhere are basically the same fun lovin' types. Or maybe thats better for later in the year closer to the actual event.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
dang! those are some great ideas!!!
way to go guys!!

girlie, i would love to host an ice festival! jack's has actually wanted to do it in conjunction with lscn. "the lscn jack's frost festival." he wanted to do tents outside and everything!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
QUOTE(Cadmonkey @ Jan 9 2004, 11:56 AM)the raft for charity.

yeah its kinda self promoting but maybe if you talk about all similar events around the states and how boaters everywhere are basically the same fun lovin' types. Or maybe thats better for later in the year closer to the actual event.
I agree with monkey. This will get the idea into the boaters heads early. You could talk about the two charities the proceeds will be going to, which will give awareness to the two charities and what they do.

I for one don't think the raft off is about LSCN perse'. I think it is about a friendly competition which helps out worth while charities. The more advertising we can get for this the more money we will raise for the charities not to mention the more boats we will have to stomp on Lake Norman.

Just my thoughts.

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Keep the great ideas coming!

I like them all, we could do something about the raft in June or July.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
How about a piece on boating regulations or new updates to boating laws on drinking or chages in peneltys

G

·
I like the idea of getting the Raft-up event out there now. If it's going to get a lot of participation, people need to hear about it soon. It could also generate sponsorship interest. The June or July issues could just put a short reminder on it and direct people to the website for more info.

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good point Bill.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I liked Convincor's idea about the history of the flats. But you could extend it to anything. I think any historical facts about the lake are good. Boating safety is also a big topic. You could run weekly editions in the spring, each week covering another area of boating safety. A good topic right now, especially with the ice forming essentially for the first time this year, you could do something about ice fishing and being safe on the ice. Things such as what color ice to look for, techniques if you were to fall in, etc. Some other spring topics could be listing public launches for people to use. I know many boating newbies that do not know where to go. You could also include each week water level updates, and fishing hot spots. Just a few more thoughts. I know it must be right now during winter. Good luck

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Jan 9 2004, 11:57 AM)dang! those are some great ideas!!!
way to go guys!!

girlie, i would love to host an ice festival! jack's has actually wanted to do it in conjunction with lscn. "the lscn jack's frost festival." he wanted to do tents outside and everything!
It could be REALLY fun and sponsored by Jacks would be awesome!!! Do you think it is possible?

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
how about picking a few points of interest that you can spend weekend trips on this next summer. there are great places around the lake. even downtown in the clem is a great boat trip for a weekend. music at the gazebo, lots of bars and places to eat. in canada you have the themes river. two great marinas to visit over there. middle channel country club. going up the river to st clair or port huron. the list goes on and on.

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This will be due in a couple days, any last minutes ideas or help?

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
CK or Tango, any press releases I can use yet?

·
12,052 Posts
QUOTE(Capt'n Rob @ Jan 20 2004, 11:17 AM)This will be due in a couple days, any last minutes ideas or help?
Hey Rob, talk about your weekend at Tip Up Town.

SOOOOOCCCCIIIIIIIIAAAAALLLLLLL!!!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts