Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last red mark, as you are coming into the canal for MacRay and it's gas dock seems to have a mind of it's own. It seems to be closer to the green maker across from it making the channel kinda narrow. When we headed out Sunday it looked to be further out. When we came in and met Fast Eddie heading out we went around that marker (put it on my port side).

Is it me, or is that marker out of place?

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
It's buoy #6.

Twice when we came in it was in the middle of the MacRay entrance instead of lined up on the side with the other red markers.

Then when we went out it was back lined up. I don't know if it is the wind and waves that move it or if somone moves it and puts it back where it belongs and then it moves on its own again.

It was easier to go on the wrong side of the marker since we knew the water was deep enough instead of going on the correct side of the buoy and head towards an outcoming boat head on.

·
Registered
148 Posts
It's been doing it every week so far this year. I think they have too short of chain and the bouy is lifting the anchor when wakes are lifting it. They are still using last years chain when the water was lower. Just my thought...

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Was just through there sat also and still am annoyed they don't dredge the channel and line it up with the end of the sea wall like it USED to be. Its so damn narrow coming in there. I can't imagine two 50+ footers having to pass each other between the bouys.

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
QUOTE(SKUZA @ Jun 22 2009, 09:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Was just through there sat also and still am annoyed they don't dredge the channel and line it up with the end of the sea wall like it USED to be. Its so damn narrow coming in there. I can't imagine two 50+ footers having to pass each other between the bouys.
You guys and your budget marinas. Go somewhere nice next year.

(j/k! MacRays is awesome)

·
Registered
996 Posts
Memorial Weekend a buoy from Belle Maer was found floating out by Strawberry Island.....they definitely move around!!

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(Jason R @ Jun 22 2009, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>TANGO!!!!! GET IT FIXED!!

LOL I was more interested in seeing if I was the only one who thought it was out of place.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
There's a USCG Auxiliary report, Aids To Navigation report - OFF STATION -
I can turn in but need,
LAT
LONG
AID NAME
DATE OBSERVED

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
Yes it is very tight there.
I think it's there because the channel filled in is shallow to the righ of it coming in.
I think thats what Brian said.

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(Fast~Eddie @ Jun 22 2009, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yes it is very tight there.
I think it's there because the channel filled in is shallow to the righ of it coming in.
I think thats what Brian said.
When I met you at that point yesterday and went around the "wrong" side of the buoy I had at least 3 feet under me. It just seems like it's moving back and forth a good distance.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Hey Stodge,
Whats going on at MacRays this weekend. They
called us and were interested in a HUGE order.They
are supposed to call back tomorrow and let us know.

When I say HUGE I mean 300 pizzas ?????? The lady
who called assured us it wasn't a prank. Haa haa

Don't have any details but that is A LOT of ZA

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
QUOTE(Area 51 @ Jun 22 2009, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hey Stodge,

Saturday, June 27 - Lakeside Marine and MacRay Yacht Club Women's Captain's Class

That's the only thing I see on the calendar. I don't know if they expect that many people for it but it could be something else.

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE(Area 51 @ Jun 22 2009, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hey Stodge,

Dunno, maybe a catered event that asked for Pizza. LOL

Call Carrie at the office an ask her what's up.

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE(Tango 7 @ Jun 23 2009, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Jason R @ Jun 22 2009, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>TANGO!!!!! GET IT FIXED!!

Done!!!

I want photos showng it moved.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts