Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
LSCN Sponsor since March 2010
2,212 Posts
Well my wife worked from home today so me and my 3yr old son escaped to Bass Pro Shop. While I was browsing the back wall after pickng up a storm swim shad from the musky dept. I notice a measuring stick. It was a Rapala and it was 60in long so I immediately thought bump board. I cut some plywood up to size and glued on some laminant and cut a slot big enough for the rule to just fit in. Then I assembled the parts and dressed the edges with iron on laminant. The Rapala board was $13.00 and I had everything else in the garage.
Wood Floor Wood stain Hardwood Flooring

Rectangle Wood Font Gas Office ruler

Table Wood Flooring Floor Wood stain

Automotive tire Vehicle Tire Automotive design Wheel

Attachments

·
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(esoxfly @ Oct 30 2009, 01:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That rocks Tim! Now ya gotta get some slime on it!
Yep, I'm gonna slime it ASAP

·
Registered
194 Posts
QUOTE(sirfishalot @ Oct 30 2009, 01:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well my wife worked from home today so me and my 3yr old son escaped to Bass Pro Shop. While I was browsing the back wall after pickng up a storm swim shad from the musky dept. I notice a measuring stick. It was a Rapala and it was 60in long so I immediately thought bump board. I cut some plywood up to size and glued on some laminant and cut a slot big enough for the rule to just fit in. Then I assembled the parts and dressed the edges with iron on laminant. The Rapala board was $13.00 and I had everything else in the garage.
View attachment 68394
View attachment 68395
View attachment 68396
View attachment 68397

How wide was the measuring stick, because I have less space available on the rod locker of my smokercraft and I was thinking about mounting a measuring device on there. I hope you catch one that fills that board!

·
2,212 Posts
QUOTE(Limit Bound @ Oct 30 2009, 09:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(sirfishalot @ Oct 30 2009, 01:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well my wife worked from home today so me and my 3yr old son escaped to Bass Pro Shop. While I was browsing the back wall after pickng up a storm swim shad from the musky dept. I notice a measuring stick. It was a Rapala and it was 60in long so I immediately thought bump board. I cut some plywood up to size and glued on some laminant and cut a slot big enough for the rule to just fit in. Then I assembled the parts and dressed the edges with iron on laminant. The Rapala board was $13.00 and I had everything else in the garage.
View attachment 68394
View attachment 68395
View attachment 68396
View attachment 68397

How wide was the measuring stick, because I have less space available on the rod locker of my smokercraft and I was thinking about mounting a measuring device on there. I hope you catch one that fills that board!

The measuring stick itself was 3in wide

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Looks great Tim.

I was at BPS on Thursday as well, around noon buying some Storm Wildeye Swim Shads myself.

·
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(Jim tenHaaf @ Oct 30 2009, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well, aren't you just Mr. Handy! Looks great, Tim!

yeah, not bad for 13 bucks and a few hours of labor

1 - 11 of 11 Posts