Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
I had seen this before and I had my kids watch it and will have them watch it again. Any day you are having a "bad" day remember this guy and he is fricking awesome and quite the inspiration.

·
Registered
958 Posts
wow...I'm speechless.

That is truly amazing and all I can do is really pull for him to achieve his dream.

wow

TY Jeff that was great!

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll admit it...almost made me tear up at the end when he said what said about wanting people to see him and say, "I want what he has. There goes a winner."

·
Registered
958 Posts
QUOTE(esoxfly @ Aug 30 2009, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'll admit it...almost made me tear up at the end when he said what said about wanting people to see him and say, "I want what he has. There goes a winner."

yup

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Thank you for posting that Jeff. I have to admit, I was a bit moist eyed most of the video, but a tear certainly dropped during the scene of him fishing for the cut, losing a fish at the boat, and throwing his rod down on the deck.

Now, that wasn't what made the tear come, it was his face after he threw the rod down. He looked down at his rod, and his face said it all. It read, clear as day "well that's not gonna get me where I wanna be" and he reached back down, picked it up, and kept going.

Now, we've all done that before and I don't think anyones cried unless it was for a million bucks, but I guess in light of losing my job for the 2nd time in 6 months, credit going to sh*t, and having to move back in with my folks while engaged, my issues could be far worse.

You guys notice how he thanked God everytime he caught one? Whether it's your god or mine, the man is a believer. It's good to be reminded how important faith is when it comes to life, love, and everything in between.

Good luck Mr Dyer, and thank you.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
that was a great video jeff. that man realy is impressive and I also hope he makes the cut. He is an inspiration to so many people he deserves nothing but the best.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts