Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ladies and gents....
A new topic from your newbie.... do with it what you will....

For the past several years I have participated in the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk and would like to extend an invite to all of those interested. I usually walk with my soroity, Delta Phi Epsilion, Alpha Psi chapter from Lawrence Technology University. Our team is the LTU All Girls Team.

The 5 mile walk will take place at Belle Isle on Saturday, October 11. You can help in one of two ways - join the team and raise funds yourself, or contribute to our fundraising efforts. Either way, you will be making a significant difference in the fight against cancer.

The American Cancer Society has made it extremly easy this year by creating a website for each team that registers. You are able to register on the website and/or make donations (via a secure site).

The link to the team page is: https://www.kintera.org/faf/search/searchTe...d=0&team=321057

The choice is up to you on joining the LTU All Girls Team, however, my ultimate goal was share all the information I had on the event and spread the word.

I will post additional information as I receive it, or please feel free to contact me via email at [email protected]

I look forward to hearing from you.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
hey there chicka! i'm participating in lee's denim day oct 10 to fight breast cancer!
(www.ckpep.com for the info) way to go to support the cause!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
EXCELLENT!!! I am going to forward the link to my employeer and see if this is something we can particpate in. Thanks for the information.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
you got it, chickadee... glad to help ya!

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
QUOTE(The Sweetest Thing @ Sep 9 2003, 06:46 AM)Hey, I just read the rules of the game from Capt'n Rob, should I have gotten permission prior to posting this topic?
your fine I am pretty sure.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
I'd be willing to donate. Also, I am doing the Lance Armstrong Ride for the Roses for his Cancer Foundation. It is a 100 mile bike race in Austin TX on Oct. 25th. I've been training hard, and would appreciate anyone's support/donations.... You can check it out at www.laf.com

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WaxonWaxoff,

WOW, that is GREAT!!! Good luck!!! And I see no problem in donating some funds for such a good cause. Let me look into the site later this evening.

Have you ever particiapted in such an event before?

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
QUOTE(rerun @ Sep 9 2003, 09:39 AM)So can I (male) join the LTU All Girls Team? Sounds like a good time.
Somehow I knew you would infiltrate.....as long as you make a donation, I think they will let you walk behind them....lol

Its a great cause and good luck!

Mini

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Sweetest Thing,
NO! This will be my first century ride. I have been training like crazy for the last couple of months. This weekend I have a 70 miler to do, and aside from the time commitment, I enjoy it! I wanted to do something to help cancer research, and have been pretty amazed at his story, so I combined the two! Thanks for your support!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rerun,
Of course men can join the event. The more the better and I am sure we will have a lot of fun.

WaxonWaxoff,
That is totally cool, I wish you the best of luck and keep up the good job. 70 miles this weekend... where will you be riding for this adventure?

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
I'll probably be on Lakeshore/Jefferson and around GP St. Clair Shores... Maybe try and end at the boat, go out, jump in the water!
As for the race, it's in Austin TX, and it should only be 110 degrees in October!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts