Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just heard on Fox 2, a man in his early twenties, was out on a boat with 5 friends, swimming south of Metro. He never came up & is still missing...

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Yeah ~ way too much bad news today all the way around. Instant reminder to count our blessings guys...and tell the people that you care about that they're special to you.

So - I LOVE YOU GUYS

Did they say on the news tonight what ended up happening on Metro Parkway that was such a terrible accident?

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
That's why I just stay home with my XBOX and DVDs. Its to dangerous out there.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I was wondering what was going on. I saw several Coast Guard and Police boats in a circle and they also had a diver flag up. There was also a Channel 4 chopper flying over this circle for a while. I was floating in my boat right by that area. They called off the search around 9:30 or so last night. Scary!

·
LSCN Sponsor
1,910 Posts
I believe he was a collage basketball player, i caught the last part of the story this morning on my way in.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
This happens way too often. My good buddy's friend died just like this.

When you're in water over your head, don't "jump in for a swim" unless you're wearing a life jacket and are tied to the boat. You'll look like a big dork but at least the boat won't get away from you when the wind and current do their thing, which they will. Even if you throw an anchor, your boat can swing away from you and you may not be the powerful swimmer you like to think you are.

I wouldn't want to be the skipper that has to live with the knowledge that I allowed this to happen!

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
On Sunday I was lucky enough to go boat with Bayley and once on board and underway he put on a lifejacket and offered to give me the option of wearing one. That got us talking and he told me that when talking to Gary864 that Gary had said he's never pulled a body out of the water wearing a life jacket. They pull a few bodies out of the water a year and for them to never have pulled one out wearing a jacket say alot about how much jackets save your lives.

·
12,052 Posts
When I pulled out of Beacon Cove Friday for the port huron trip there was divers down south of Metro. Bad crash on 94 east that had the freeway closed for hours. Be safe peeps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts