Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She said she was driving east on 696, right near mound,

and saw the guy walking across the bridge, put one hand on it and jump over

he was hit by a huge truck carrying granite or something that was two cars in front of her

she saw the body falling,

hit

and the body parts in the air

and passed the body and it had no head...

hope that isn't too graphic or tmi, but, I am simply shocked... as is she.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
What a bummer! I just got off the phone with her..I posted about it in the other thread.
I feel bad for the trucker, he has to live with this for the rest of his life, just so gruesome. She is going to have nighmares about this.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Of all the ways to go, "bug on a windshield" would not be my first choice.

I feel worse for Cyndi.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Sorry to hear about that, it freaks me out that I was in the area. I can't imagine how I would feel if I witnessed it.
Hope M-II is OK.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Poor Cindy, I know how sensitive she is too graphic details.....

So sorry you had to be there at that time...

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(waxonwaxoff @ Apr 15 2004, 01:09 PM)Here is a link to an article that calls it a "police situation"
Just awful

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/3008085/detail.html
I emailed them and gave them the details, and they replied "Our news desk has that information, but it's our policy not to report suicides.

Thank you for writing
"

I should have replied back saying that it'd be nice to know so that I'm aware and I can watch out for that sort of thing. <_<

Its not like I'm asking for a name.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
It's sad the guy felt he had to commit suicide, but even worse to victimize the truck driver and all of the other witnesses...That is just wrong.

I feel for Cyndi....I hope she is okay. Big cyber hugs to her.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts

OMG!!!! Poor Cindy
What a horrible thing to have to see

I saw a fatality once not near as bad but still it haunted me for a long time afterwards.

Makes me want to go hug my loved ones right now.....

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(threecrabs @ Apr 15 2004, 01:38 PM)Puff...you have no idea how many suicides happen in a day....Just ask any cop <_<

But its the ones that COULD involve me that I'd like to be more aware of.

The guy didn't even think of what he'd be doing to the drivers on the freeway. He could have easily caused an accident that killed others with him (like Cyndi). If you're gonna kill yourself, at least do it in the privacy of your own home.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
omigod... cyndi, i hope you are ok! if you need us, we're here. ((((((((cyber hug!)))))))))))

what a horrendous thing to have witnessed.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
cyndi if you have any problems with this give me a call. 586-431-4312. i went through this a year ago. some one walked in front of my car. still have numbers of good people to talk to.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
I, too, spoke to Manana II, just so sad.

I also talked with my other friend who said 696 east bound is now open.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Pandora @ Apr 15 2004, 01:55 PM)i went through this a year ago. some one walked in front of my car.
Intentionally?

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
thanks for all the cyber hugs!
Yes, it was the MOST horrific thing i have ever experienced... Hoping no one ever has to see somethng as horrid as this.
What really makes me mad is that this person could have caused death for some innocent traveler on the E-way on their way home... someone who was enjoying life. Thank God that did not happen.

I do feel sorry for the 2 men that hit him
These poor men were frantically running across the expressway.. in shock i think!

·
Registered
673 Posts
Thank god I was about probably 45 seconds from seeing it happen. Everyone slammed on the brakes and we got all backed up. Had to wait about 45 minutes before I was able to back off the freeway. I'd rather wait than see someone jump.........how horrible. Poor Cindy!
Not a good sight to see
And like you said - nice to endanger innocent people! I hope children didn't see that, but I bet some did. There were quite a lot of cars on the freeway.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts