Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
AKA gcalan
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone changing marinas at the end of the season??

if so, where are you now and which one are you switching to.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Thinking about changing marinas this year.
I'm at Emerald and thinking about going to Belle meare (SP?) or Markley. I haven't decided yet.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thinking of moving from Michigan Harbor to something up by the Clinton River...but havent decided on where.

Need something closer to the action, and dont wont to waste the gas on the trip to the fun and back...would rather use the cash for more booze.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
thinking of beacon cove you can leave your trailer there jet ski told me. and also i notice they have a launch ramp and price for 24 ft was only 1, 350.00 beats 1,750 and having to use clinton river at begin and end.of season.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
QUOTE(bobrob20 @ Aug 25 2003, 01:31 PM)thinking of beacon cove you can leave your trailer there jet ski told me. and also i notice they have a launch ramp and price for 24 ft was only 1, 350.00 beats 1,750 and having to use clinton river at begin and end.of season.
BCM has a very nice launch also. I have used it many times.

·
AKA gcalan
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i'm at kean's but i've been seriously thinking about moving up to the nine/jeff area.

i almost always end up cruising in the north lsc area and it costs a fortune to have to make that trip up the river everytime. also the no wake portion of the river from belle isle up is a drag.

i'm paying $2800 right now for the whole year which includes haul out and winter storage. any comparable or cheaper rates around 9/jeff?

i visited harbor9 marina a couple of weeks ago and it was so ghetto. didn't even have electricity/water and was about $1400 just for summer season!!

·
LSCN Sponsor
1,910 Posts
We have enjoyed Markleys very much. I pay 1750 and that includes winter storage ,haul out with power washing and launching in the spring. The grounds are nice lots of green areas vollyball nets gazebos and a sweet pool.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I've been at Bouvier Bridge for five years, and wrote lots of praise for it on this board in past years. But the management has gone to hell with a bunch of kids in their early twenties who think everything is good enough and don't strive for excellence. Just as an example, I was there for a week on vacation - the bathrooms weren't cleaned from Monday til Friday night. I guess they figure there aren't that many people there during the week so why bother. After dozens of little things like that, we're just fed up.

We're thinking strongly on moving to Schmidt's in New Baltimore if the water is still too low to take the boat home next season.

·
12,052 Posts
I was at Schmid's for three years and those grumpy old bastards
drove me nuts!! I like Beacon Cove much better ad the water is MUCH deeper, you get to back in your slip, you can filll BOTH gas tanks at once (Schmid wouldn't), and its the CLOSEST place to Metro and muscamoot bay.

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
I am at Beacon Cove this year and love it! But next year I am moving to a private well, kitty corner from the end of the first horse shoe at Metro!
(Two house over from the flat top one)!

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
I'm not sure about the staff, it always seems a bit messy and dis-organized, but I think I'll stick it out at the place I'm at...

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
QUOTE(TheWiz @ Aug 25 2003, 07:10 PM)I'm not sure about the staff, it always seems a bit messy and dis-organized, but I think I'll stick it out at the place I'm at...

Yea, I heard that about the owner there, where you are at!

But I know first hand that he throws one heck of a PARTY!

·
LSCN Sponsor
283 Posts
Like Fatcat, i am at markley also
i love it been there for 8 years
i cant think of a better place
and yes i do and have looked around
the people that run it are the same ole jerks you find at any marina
but they are ggod when ya need it

·
AKA gcalan
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I checked out Velger Marina last night. It's just south of Beacon Cove.

Very small but kinda cool. You can drive right up to your slip. No long finger pier walks.

Its also cheap!

Anyone have any experiences there??

·
Registered
46 Posts
QUOTE(Gus @ Aug 28 2003, 08:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I checked out Velger Marina last night. It's just south of Beacon Cove.

Very small but kinda cool. You can drive right up to your slip. No long finger pier walks.

Its also cheap!

Anyone have any experiences there??
I had a slip at Velgers for 3 years and it was cool marina. I had no problems at all. I even winter stored there even after i moved down to Michigan harbor (5 years). The price is right but to far to drive home after a long day on the water. i am moving to harbor 9 this year. Gus posted harbor 9 was ghetto must be thinking about island harbor next door. Island harbor has delapitaded wells with no water or shore power. For $1650 I got a 35 ft well that is 12 wide and and it is deep, with shore power and water. It also has a small club house with cable tv. The only problem i can see is no showers and a port a potty for a rest room, but they say it is kept clean.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
I didn't notice the dates until I got to the one by afireman where he said he's at Beacon Cove. I was thinking there sure are a lot of new names in this thread.

·
Registered
46 Posts
ha ha ha I didnt even notice the dates. that is vary funny

1 - 20 of 20 Posts