Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Myself and overdraw whipped Marine City on the funny money side last night from 8:30-11:30pm. We were in 20 FOW and the water temp was 59 degrees and the clarity was great. With the storm coming in we figured the bite would be hot. WRONG!!!
I boated 3 and my rider 1 before we called it quits. One fish was around 18" and the other 3 were under 15". Blue/chrome bomber got 2, brown/gold smithwick got 1, and a orange/gold bomber the other. No complaints though it was absoultely beautiful out there temperature and wind wise and I put a couple of more dinners in the freezer.
Fishin at the Y and walleye junkie were north of us a bit and I think they ended up with 2 after whippin/jiggin/hand lining. This was my first time on the SCR in a few weeks due to my recent canada fishing trip and it looks like things have cooled off a bit on that stretch of the river. Either that or we just didn't figure them out in time, probably more likely the case.
Heading north for the weekend to chase some silver out of Ludington but I will be back chasing eyes next week. Sorry no pics but I wrapped them in newspaper last night as soon as I got home and forgot to snap one. Good luck this weekend to those going out!

·
Registered
229 Posts
QUOTE(Tony @ Jun 17 2009, 04:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Myself and overdraw whipped Marine City on the funny money side last night from 8:30-11:30pm. We were in 20 FOW and the water temp was 59 degrees and the clarity was great. With the storm coming in we figured the bite would be hot. WRONG!!!
I boated 3 and my rider 1 before we called it quits. One fish was around 18" and the other 3 were under 15". Blue/chrome bomber got 2, brown/gold smithwick got 1, and a orange/gold bomber the other. No complaints though it was absoultely beautiful out there temperature and wind wise and I put a couple of more dinners in the freezer.
Fishin at the Y and walleye junkie were north of us a bit and I think they ended up with 2 after whippin/jiggin/hand lining. This was my first time on the SCR in a few weeks due to my recent canada fishing trip and it looks like things have cooled off a bit on that stretch of the river. Either that or we just didn't figure them out in time, probably more likely the case.
Heading north for the weekend to chase some silver out of Ludington but I will be back chasing eyes next week. Sorry no pics but I wrapped them in newspaper last night as soon as I got home and forgot to snap one. Good luck this weekend to those going out!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts