Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
QUOTE(boatpimp @ Sep 9 2009, 08:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yes they work, but you will need the digital convertor box that the Government gave us all for free...
Or a new TV that has it built in.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah we have a newer TV we are going to put in for next season. And in most cases when watching TV we would be at the dock where we should have cable (is cable extra at Beacon?). Just thinking if someone wanted to put on the game while we are out on the water.

·
Registered
288 Posts
QUOTE(Suck My Wake @ Sep 9 2009, 09:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yeah we have a newer TV we are going to put in for next season. And in most cases when watching TV we would be at the dock where we should have cable (is cable extra at Beacon?). Just thinking if someone wanted to put on the game while we are out on the water.

cable at beacon are you nutts no cable there

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
QUOTE(Suck My Wake @ Sep 9 2009, 09:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yeah we have a newer TV we are going to put in for next season. And in most cases when watching TV we would be at the dock where we should have cable (is cable extra at Beacon?). Just thinking if someone wanted to put on the game while we are out on the water.
Don't think they have cable. But you can park a dish on one of the poles.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Yes that antenna will work. If your gonna use your old analog TV's you'll need a converter box. If your buying a new flat screen it will work without a converter box. Our 11 year old antenna runs a brand new flat screen I bought this year crystal clear!

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
An antenna similar to that is on our boat, and it works pretty well. Not great, but pretty well.

One thing I like about having a TV onboard, is the weather radar/forecast channel. Nothing fancy, but if you're like me (without smart phone), it's handy a option.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I figure if you have a TV on your boat you might as well be able to use it. I have to keep my eye out for a cheap dvd player also. There is currently a VCR in there that someone can use for an anchor if you want........

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
Just in case it's helpful, I purchased a 12v tv with built-in DVD from <here>. Other than the DVD player not remembering the last played point, I've been pleased.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts