Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
If anybody is looking to join Mariners Boat Club now is the time.

They are running a very special deal from now thru the end of the year

Send me a PM and I will give you the details and a membership form

Act now you won't regret it the new auxillary members along with the current members will be working hard to have fun on the lake and at the club.

There are alot of boaters on this board that have not had the oppurtunity to meet one another this will be a good way to fix that

Don't forget Mark serves the best Perch and Pizza on the planet every Thursday and Friday night!!!

Cheers Ron

PS the club will be at the Algonac Harbor Club this weekend for one of our many rendevzous Come and join in the fun this Friday or Saturday

Cheers Ron

·
Registered
562 Posts
Don't get me wrong on this, but I could'nt help but to post it. We stopped going there a couple years ago with friends (who were members) for their dinners because the smoke was so bad. I just figured I'd mention it so that you might be aware it could be keeping some people away. I don't want to slam the club at all.
The food was great and the people were too. But the smoke was unbearable during the winters when the windows were closed.
Its a nice place in a great location. Hope you can achieve your goals...

·
LSCN Sponsor
4,543 Posts
I know they have smokeeaters now and they limit cigars till after dinner hour

I did not find it to be bad this year I don't know what it was like years ago.

right now I am serving dinner every Friday night come on out and check it out

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
QUOTE(formulaf302 @ Sep 23 2009, 08:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Don't get me wrong on this, but I could'nt help but to post it. We stopped going there a couple years ago with friends (who were members) for their dinners because the smoke was so bad. I just figured I'd mention it so that you might be aware it could be keeping some people away. I don't want to slam the club at all.
The food was great and the people were too. But the smoke was unbearable during the winters when the windows were closed.
Its a nice place in a great location. Hope you can achieve your goals...

it's not bad at all, I found myself there more then any other boat club this season. They did allot to improve and open the boat club to all that may be interested. I am very impressed with what they accomplished.

I felt pretty welcomed there which means a ton.

·
Registered
11,047 Posts
QUOTE(searay28 @ Sep 24 2009, 09:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>not interested in joining your club but i was wondering if you would like to buy some juice.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
I will be a little bitchhh and say the reason I do not walk the 300 feet to hang out is also due to the smoke. personal opinion. I am bummed because I like Marks cooking too!

Last time I was there I could not change out of my close quick enough!

I am all for people smoking, just not for me. I have retreated to crews because I try to avoid places with smoke, ESPECIALLY while eating!

·
LSCN Sponsor
4,543 Posts
QUOTE(sunsation98 @ Sep 24 2009, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I will be a little bitchhh and say the reason I do not walk the 300 feet to hang out is also due to the smoke. personal opinion. I am bummed because I like Marks cooking too!

Last time I was there I could not change out of my close quick enough!

I am all for people smoking, just not for me. I have retreated to crews because I try to avoid places with smoke, ESPECIALLY while eating!

did crews go smoke free?

I'm with you on smoking completely understand but in the summer the outside is awsome
and smoke is not an issue.

·
LSCN Sponsor
4,543 Posts
just talked to Ron on the special membership

this is right up LSCN alley call Ron and let's build this group of people up

this would be great all winter as well as summer and very very affordable

you can call me also if you like

586 764 6075

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Crews did not, but during dinner time, the smoke seems to be a fraction of what its been over at Mariners....Again, please note its just my opinion....I avoid smoke at all costs!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I spoke with Ron and when he said " very special membership fee", he was not kidding. As he did not post the fee, I do not think I should either. I am going to join and think it would be an excellent avenue for us to get together particularly in the winter or off months. I was at the party that convincor through last winter and I do not remeber the smoke being a big problem. Possibly they have resolved this problem. How many of you are also considering joining?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The club just back from our Frostbite rendevous at the Algonac Harbor Club it was fun for all even with the not so great weather. The crew served a BBQ rib dinner on Saturday night that was second to none. Check us out and sign up for our exciting travel schedule for next year and enjoy the great perch and pizza throughout the winter.

Cheers Ron

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE(brbsta @ Sep 27 2009, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The club just back from our Frostbite rendevous at the Algonac Harbor Club it was fun for all even with the not so great weather. The crew served a BBQ rib dinner on Saturday night that was second to none. Check us out and sign up for our exciting travel schedule for next year and enjoy the great perch and pizza throughout the winter.

Cheers Ron

TTT

·
Vendor
12,824 Posts
Bring on the new Bridgeview Bridge!!!! That will make it alot easier to get over there for Mark's Thurday/Friday dinners. Looking forward to it this winter.

·
Registered
318 Posts
QUOTE(Convincor @ Oct 2 2009, 08:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Bring on the new Bridgeview Bridge!!!! That will make it alot easier to get over there for Mark's Thurday/Friday dinners. Looking forward to it this winter.
Whoa...... Stop the Presses....... Was there last night. Straight from the horses mouth.
Thursday's dinners are out.... Although he did make us a nice pizza, since there was
a party going on next door.... He may bring them back later in the year... IF there is a demand.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I am definitly planning on jioning. Was going to go there last friday then my wife took ill and ended up in the hospital. Still am going to jion. might not make it there today but hopefully for next friday

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
Great!
May I ask, how is the clubs status, with finacials?
Would hate to join and then have issues later.
This is Michigan, and the current economic state effected every aspect of our lives.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
QUOTE(Fast~Eddie @ Oct 2 2009, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Great!
May I ask, how is the clubs status, with financial?
Would hate to join and then have issues later.
This is Michigan, and the current economic state effected every aspect of our lives.

This is basically an "associate membership", you would have all the clubs privileges but no voting rights. They did recently refinance their mortgage and I believe this is a way if increasing traffic. Many boat clubs rely on bar traffic as their main revenue stream. I joined last night and had a great time. This would be the reason for my previous blunt response, I may have partaken to a few adult beverages.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts