Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bite was strong last month with green and silver harnesses, but am I missing something? Should I be useing something else this time of year? Went out Monday and go skunked I covered alot of ground drifting and no bites.

Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
the wind has not been favorable to just drift lately, may wanna try using the electric or a kicker to give just a little speed, sometimes thats all it takes. I have not fished that area in a month, but sounds like fish are still there from the whippers i have talked to.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Don't get stuck on a color, vary your harness color, size and speed. That being said, IMO, harness' are far better earlier in the year. Night fishing: jigging (spoons and lead head jigs), pulling wire, and whipping will produce more fish than daytime harness' at this time of year.

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
QUOTE(Scubajay @ Aug 12 2009, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Don't get stuck on a color, vary your harness color, size and speed. That being said, IMO, harness' are far better earlier in the year. Night fishing: jigging (spoons and lead head jigs), pulling wire, and whipping will produce more fish than daytime harness' at this time of year.

Agree!
That being said my favorite way to fish is draggin those harnesses. Although handlinig is my most recent obsession.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.