Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interesting new addition to the cruising world. "Twin tip" bow similar to Chaparrals new "Wide Tech" I think is something traditionalists are going to have to get used to.

Maybe a tad overboard on the "futuristic" but has a lot of nice features you would want in a day boat. I like it.

http://www.boattest.com/boats/boat_video.aspx?ID=1942

Water Watercraft Boat Liquid Vehicle

Boat Naval architecture Watercraft Vehicle Water

Speedometer Gear shift Trip computer Steering wheel Gauge

Attachments

·
Registered
344 Posts
I had a Mastercraft now for fourteen years and love it, I live on Lower Straights lake and use it all the time, when I'm not on the big boat. But I think that one day I will move on to Lake St Clare and spend all my time on my 400 express. Life is great.

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
Looks pretty cool, but I'd be surprised if it handled LSC "square waves" especially well. The extra space is nice though.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(Away Point @ Oct 7 2009, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Looks pretty cool, but I'd be surprised if it handled LSC "square waves" especially well. The extra space is nice though.

Yeah, the front is a little flat. I think they should have brought it down to a sharper point by the waterline. LSC should be a test site.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
QUOTE(Mini @ Oct 8 2009, 09:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have never seen a Mastercraft with a trolling motor.
Ha! Our pals in Cincinnati had a 24 ft. Mastercraft Maristar. They are water skiers and he loves to fish. The boat was the largest cuddy/ski/inboard they could find at the time and he put rod holders and a bracket for a trolling motor. The second week of their honeymoon was spent on the boat in Lake Cumberland, KY fishing and water skiing. Proof that you can make things work!

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
QUOTE(Mini @ Oct 8 2009, 09:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have never seen a Mastercraft with a trolling motor.
LOL I was trying to generalize about fishing boats.

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
QUOTE(Stodge @ Oct 8 2009, 10:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Mini @ Oct 8 2009, 09:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have never seen a Mastercraft with a trolling motor.
LOL I was trying to generalize about fishing boats.

I thought Mastercrafts were known for great ski boats

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
QUOTE(Suck My Wake @ Oct 10 2009, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Zolton @ Oct 10 2009, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Stodge @ Oct 8 2009, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Bet they had to fight to keep a trolling motor off of it.

Shown with lots of other 'high maintainence' extras though.

Whats the point of having a boat without some high maintenance extras aboard.

Yeah, who wants to go out without chicks on board?

j/k ladies!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.