·
AKA: Veronique
1,218 Posts
me me me!
hehehe

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
I want to go see the WIDESCREEN version at a normal theater first.

·
Registered
557 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Nov 4 2003, 10:23 AM)I want to go see the WIDESCREEN version at a normal theater first.
Why do you think that would be better than seeing it at the IMAX? Just wondering

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(dancinggirl @ Nov 4 2003, 10:46 AM)QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Nov 4 2003, 10:23 AM) I want to go see the WIDESCREEN version at a normal theater first.
Why do you think that would be better than seeing it at the IMAX? Just wondering

Are you familiar with the difference between WIDESCREEN DVD movies and FULL SCREEN DVD movies?

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(BigDaddy @ Nov 4 2003, 12:39 PM)Sounds interesting - when - where??
Henry Ford Musieum <--SP? Greenfield Village
Wednesday 5:30 / 8:30 / 10:30. I bought my tickets early yesterday morning and only a "few"(whatever that means) were left for only the 5:30 showing. Both 8:30 and 10:30 were sold out.
It is also showing daily after Wednesday at HFM GFV.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Well I saw the movie yesterday....I liked it while some in our group thought it was a dump....

Still up for seeing it again in Imax.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(rerun @ Nov 6 2003, 09:02 AM)Well I saw the movie yesterday....I liked it while some in our group thought it was a dump....

Still up for seeing it again in Imax.
We're going Saturday. I need to watch Reloaded again first.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Are you familiar with the difference between WIDESCREEN DVD movies and FULL SCREEN DVD movies? [/quote]
Well, I know wide screen is WIDE and full screen is like the dimensions of a regular TV. If you watch a widescreen version on a regular TV, then you will have a black strip on the top and bottom of your screen...vice versa the fullscreen version will look distorted (stretched out horizontally) if shown on a widescreen TV. But if you show the right version on the right TV, everything is fine. Are you saying they will be showing a widescreen version on a FULLSCREEN IMAX?

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(dancinggirl @ Nov 6 2003, 10:56 AM)Well, I know wide screen is WIDE and full screen is like the dimensions of a regular TV. If you watch a widescreen version on a regular TV, then you will have a black strip on the top and bottom of your screen...vice versa the fullscreen version will look distorted (stretched out horizontally) if shown on a widescreen TV. But if you show the right version on the right TV, everything is fine. Are you saying they will be showing a widescreen version on a FULLSCREEN IMAX?

WIDESCREEN is the aspect ratio of how the movie is shown in regular theaters. It preserves the movie the way the director intended it to be seen. FULL SCREEN actually cuts off about a third of the picture so that it will fit on a normal TV screen without the black bars.

Read this for a better understanding and comparisons between the two:

http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/feature...ndex.html#69407

And here's a comparison:

Anyway, we went and saw Matrix Revolutions today and, although it was very different from the first two movies, it was still very good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts