Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been a little quiet lately so I figured I'd stir something up. Which lake will you be on for opening day bass May 29th? Also, give your ideal lake if you had the time and could get away, but keep it in Michigan. More than likely, I'll be at Lakeville Lake, but ideally something up north, Burt/Mullet maybe.

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
Saginaw Bay. I just hope it doesn't blow like last year!

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Alex Lakeville in the stump field or just south of it off the high point there is a 22 foot hole that holds big un's. Bob

·
Registered
666 Posts
Most likely Burt or Crooked, possibly both.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
the usuall one saint clair possibly hurob part of the day.on black river..

·
Formerly "FRL"
930 Posts
I've fished every decent sized bass lake in Michigan for Bass. Here is how I rank them for Memorial Weekend Bass Fishing.

#1 - Skegemog, Elk & Torch chain near Traverse City. This body is some of the best Small Mouth Bass Fishing in the state and has some hog largemouths. When it comes to quantity and quality of Bass in May it is second to none. My biggest Bass on this lake is a 6.8 lb largie. Here is the pic of that bass.

#2 - Green Lake in Interlochen. When it comes to quality smallmouth fishing it doesn't get any better than this lake. A bit of an unknown but ask any bass fishermen in north west Michigan and you will quickly realize this is a hot spot for monster smallies. In May you can catch a large quantity of big bass. I have caught numerous 5lb smallies on this lake. My person best smallie on this lake went 6.1 lbs.

#3 - Hamlin Lake in Ludington. Hamlin has some of the best Bass fishing in the state of Michigan. It is home to huge largies and smallies. I have caught many a 5lb small and largemouth bass on this lake. This Lake is one of my personal favorites.

#4 - Cadillac and Mitchell in Cadillac Michigan. Excellent Large and Smallmouth bass lake. I know this lake better than any of the others mentioned and have had some great opening day fishing on this lake. This lake is a tournament favorite by many organizations. On opening day there is always a tournament on this lake which sometimes can make it tough on the fun fishermen. Ranked this high soley on its my favorite and I have caught many hogs on this body of water. Still one of the best fisheries in the state.

#5 - Saginaw Bay - This lake I dont know very well but the few times I've been able to get out on the bay I didnt regret it. Weather can be an issue on this body of water. A great fishery to say the least. 4-5 lbers are very common.

Honarable Mentions of lakes you should try on their opening days.

Lake St. Clair
East Bay - Travers city
Little Bay de Noc
Lake Erie
Wixom Lake
Lake Margareth
Lake Isabella
Muskegon
Hardy Pond
Burt & Mullet
Cheboygan
Houghton Lake

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
If I don't go up Nort' I'll be on Lake Ovid and who knows what else.

If the Nort' trip comes through, I'll be on Mullett whacking the smallies - warming them up for the federation guys; on Higgins and/or Houghton possibly; maybe on Long or Walloon - something new for Larry.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Buzz baiting on Lake Orion @ night

h2o<----says just listen for the prop and you'll find me.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I'm going home for Memorial Day weekend. I'll be fishing Lake Winnipesaukee (NH) during the week and I'll be on Lake Champlain for the weekend.

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
QUOTE(East Coast @ Apr 27 2004, 11:24 AM)...and I'll be on Lake Champlain for the weekend.
I'm jealous!

·
Formerly &quot;FRL&quot;
930 Posts
QUOTEin a short responce,any lake ABA will not be on. lol

I'll be on Neppessing on Opening Sunday ..... come on out and I will be glad to show you were the Hogs are there.

·
Registered
397 Posts
QUOTE(Alex @ Apr 27 2004, 08:13 PM)QUOTE(East Coast @ Apr 27 2004, 11:24 AM) ...and I'll be on Lake Champlain for the weekend.
I'm jealous!
Southwest Airlines, $99 each way. Boat, gas & food all provided by friends and family. There is plenty of room Alex!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts